What A Morning.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What A Morning..

Little Bison Bay and I are finally back from the vet.. This morning he decided to pull a little stunt and bounce off the back porch stairs. I have been letting him walk down them, there are only two steps and he's always leashed. Didn't think anything could go wrong with that. But where there's a will, there is a way -.-

He jumped from the first step and rolled on the ground, and immediately started screaming. I didn't even have time to process what just happened, just scooped him up, got in the car, called my vet, and got him in. I was thinking the worst, that he broke his leg, he would be traumatized of stairs, etc. By the time we got my vet, he was acting as if nothing happened.. I still got Xrays done. He has no fractures/breaks. Just a mild sprain, he even stopped limping by the time we left.
But the brat is on house arrest! No bouncy fun for 3 days, then back to the vet to check up on his leg. At least he is used to being tethered to me all day (:<

His "why can't I go play outside." pouty face.
What A Morning..-10273524_10203024641273482_6634245538020566864_n.jpg
LittleJaws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Good for you for being a proactive puppy parent!!!

Get well soon lil' guy! We wanna see you playing outside and doing your puppy naughty stuff!

<3
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

so glad he is ok! Last weekend the kids were playing in the pool and Samson was running by the edge and the top half of his body slipped in and as he backed himself out he started yelping like crazy while holding up his front left paw. My husband scooped him up and took him to the couch to check him out. I was scared to death! Three minutes later we helped him down to see if he could put pressure on it (I thought we were headed to the vet as well). Needless to say, he took off back to running around the pool like nothing ever happened!

These puppies keep us on our toes! Yours has such a cute pouty face!
Tratkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Makes me think of my girl when we had her.. she scared me half to death when she did the EXACT same thing!! Then quit limping and was all pouty the rest of the day. Same situation entirely. Glad he is ok. It's always a scary moment as a mom (of any kind) when they go over the edge, literally. cute little guy you got here

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you! If he could type, he would telling everyone how unfair his mom is being. (;
Old 05-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

and I'm really (not in a bad way) glad this has happened to others. I felt terrible that I let him get hurt. But I suppose you can't keep them from everything. Thanks guys(:
Old 05-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Glad he is ok. They are fearless! He's adorable

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
mydogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

that would have scared me too, I"m a worrier.

BUT! My puppy was/is made of steel. I can count on one hand the number of times I have heard her yelp in the last year and a half. One time my fiance stepped on her tail when she was going down the stairs and she slipped and tumbled down 5-6 of them and got up like nothing ever happened.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Yes, glad to hear nothing is wrong and you looked after your little Tazmanian devil.

My first 2 GSDs taught me...for a big tough looking dog with all this reputation....they sure cry at times for basically nothing.... However, my current GSD is the polar opposite...so, the upside of my latest greatest pooch since she isn't a crybaby is...if she ever does pull up lame or yelps...it needs to be dealt with most likely.

I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that my first two GSDs were ASLs and were crybabies versus my current WGSL which has a pain threshold of which I have never experienced before in shepherds?.....most likely a cowinky dinky.

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
njk

So glad your pup is okay but oh, the screaming is the worst isn't it our pup was playing with my sister's pup, an English mastiff who is a bit bigger than she, and I think her pup landed badly on mine during a bounce because ours started screaming this horrible scream and had her leg curled up. We thought instantly it was broken or dislocated. She ran/hopped straight to my partner and he instinctively felt and massaged it. It took her a minute to calm down and then she wanted to go back and play but we put an end to their game. She only had a very slight limp and was her happy self but we did get her checked over by the vet. She felt and stretched it out and said it was just a strain. It took awhile for my partner to let my sister's pup over again, and he still isn't happy about it lol I will never forget the screaming but horrible noise
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.