German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   What A Morning.. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/448290-what-morning.html)

LittleJaws 05-09-2014 03:51 PM

What A Morning..

1 Attachment(s)
Little Bison Bay and I are finally back from the vet.. This morning he decided to pull a little stunt and bounce off the back porch stairs. I have been letting him walk down them, there are only two steps and he's always leashed. Didn't think anything could go wrong with that. But where there's a will, there is a way -.-

He jumped from the first step and rolled on the ground, and immediately started screaming. I didn't even have time to process what just happened, just scooped him up, got in the car, called my vet, and got him in. I was thinking the worst, that he broke his leg, he would be traumatized of stairs, etc. By the time we got my vet, he was acting as if nothing happened.. I still got Xrays done. He has no fractures/breaks. Just a mild sprain, he even stopped limping by the time we left.
But the brat is on house arrest! No bouncy fun for 3 days, then back to the vet to check up on his leg. At least he is used to being tethered to me all day (:<

His "why can\'t I go play outside." pouty face.
Attachment 208210

Zeeva 05-09-2014 03:55 PM

Good for you for being a proactive puppy parent!!!

Get well soon lil' guy! We wanna see you playing outside and doing your puppy naughty stuff!

<3

Tratkins 05-09-2014 04:02 PM

so glad he is ok! Last weekend the kids were playing in the pool and Samson was running by the edge and the top half of his body slipped in and as he backed himself out he started yelping like crazy while holding up his front left paw. My husband scooped him up and took him to the couch to check him out. I was scared to death! Three minutes later we helped him down to see if he could put pressure on it (I thought we were headed to the vet as well). Needless to say, he took off back to running around the pool like nothing ever happened!

These puppies keep us on our toes! Yours has such a cute pouty face!

wyoung2153 05-09-2014 04:04 PM

Makes me think of my girl when we had her.. she scared me half to death when she did the EXACT same thing!! Then quit limping and was all pouty the rest of the day. Same situation entirely. Glad he is ok. It's always a scary moment as a mom (of any kind) when they go over the edge, literally. cute little guy you got here :)

LittleJaws 05-09-2014 04:07 PM

Thank you! If he could type, he would telling everyone how unfair his mom is being. (;

LittleJaws 05-09-2014 04:10 PM

and I'm really (not in a bad way) glad this has happened to others. I felt terrible that I let him get hurt. But I suppose you can't keep them from everything. Thanks guys(:

mydogs 05-09-2014 05:02 PM

Glad he is ok. They are fearless! He's adorable:)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

mego 05-09-2014 05:06 PM

that would have scared me too, I"m a worrier.

BUT! My puppy was/is made of steel. I can count on one hand the number of times I have heard her yelp in the last year and a half. One time my fiance stepped on her tail when she was going down the stairs and she slipped and tumbled down 5-6 of them and got up like nothing ever happened. :cry:

SuperG 05-09-2014 05:09 PM

Yes, glad to hear nothing is wrong and you looked after your little Tazmanian devil.

My first 2 GSDs taught me...for a big tough looking dog with all this reputation....they sure cry at times for basically nothing.... However, my current GSD is the polar opposite...so, the upside of my latest greatest pooch since she isn't a crybaby is...if she ever does pull up lame or yelps...it needs to be dealt with most likely.

I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that my first two GSDs were ASLs and were crybabies versus my current WGSL which has a pain threshold of which I have never experienced before in shepherds?.....most likely a cowinky dinky.

SuperG

njk 05-09-2014 07:45 PM

So glad your pup is okay but oh, the screaming is the worst isn't it :( our pup was playing with my sister\'s pup, an English mastiff who is a bit bigger than she, and I think her pup landed badly on mine during a bounce because ours started screaming this horrible scream and had her leg curled up. We thought instantly it was broken or dislocated. She ran/hopped straight to my partner and he instinctively felt and massaged it. It took her a minute to calm down and then she wanted to go back and play but we put an end to their game. She only had a very slight limp and was her happy self but we did get her checked over by the vet. She felt and stretched it out and said it was just a strain. It took awhile for my partner to let my sister\'s pup over again, and he still isn\'t happy about it lol I will never forget the screaming but :( horrible noise