German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy pictures, and coloring question...

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Serbrider 
#1 ·
Ok, so first off, my pup is a mix. Kinda a rescue. Dad was most likely a full blooded GSD, or high content GSD mix, momma is (in my opinion) an Aussie or border collie GSD mix. So she's a little mutt.... But my mutt. :p

I was just wondering, do y'all think her adult color will be like she is now, or do y'all think she'll tan out more?

First picture is at 4 weeks, the rest are today at 18 weeks.

Vertebrate Dog breed Dog Canidae Mammal

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog breed Canidae Dog Carnivore Tail

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
It doesn't look like her markings changed much from four weeks to 18 weeks, but I can't see the full picture.
Personally, I think her coat will stay the way it is now.
She's precious, by the way. :)

#4 ·
Ok, so first off, my pup is a mix. Kinda a rescue. Dad was most likely a full blooded GSD, or high content GSD mix, momma is (in my opinion) an Aussie or border collie GSD mix. So she's a little mutt.... But my mutt. :p

I was just wondering, do y'all think her adult color will be like she is now, or do y'all think she'll tan out more?

First picture is at 4 weeks, the rest are today at 18 weeks.

View attachment 208153

View attachment 208161

View attachment 208169

View attachment 208177

View attachment 208185

She kinda looks like she has a bit of rottie or Doberman in her.

#6 ·
Could be. No Rottie or Doberman in the mom, and apart from the two GSDs, the only dogs anyone saw in that area was a Blue Lacy. Doesn't mean something couldn't have slipped in and been gone without anyone seeing (out in the country), but neither breeds are at all common in this area, and would probably have been noticed by some neighbor if one was around.

#11 ·
Gosh... been watching some videos of Dobermans and of German Shepherds... she fits the Doberman personality, attitude, and physical attributes almost to a T. I mentioned it on facebook and the girl I got her from is all "that's impossible, I know the dads, they are german shepherds". And maybe it's a fluke. I dunno... or maybe some dobe/dobe mix came and did a "hit and run".

It's weird. :p

#12 ·
It's hard to tell. My puppy is 6 month and just started to get some red on her shoulders. She is far away from her saddle.

#13 ·
Well, apparently the possibility of a dobe/dobe mix being bred to her mom is a major point of contention. I posted it on fb, and the girl I got her from is very firm:
"Mom is a GSD border collie, and I saw the two dogs she was hooked to, they were shepherds."

Not denying any of that. And while it is unlikely, she was not there 24/7. There is no way for her to know 100% that there's not another father. She herself was considering an additional Blue Lacy father bc of the way one of the pups looked, and all of that was hearsay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.