German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Does anyone own a king gsd? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/440537-does-anyone-own-king-gsd.html)

Diesel7602 04-20-2014 10:57 AM

Does anyone own a king gsd?

1 Attachment(s)
My pups dad is a king, and think my boy is taking more after the dad. I would love to compare weight and questions if their is any out there.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

huntergreen 04-20-2014 11:32 AM

can't give you an answer but that is one good looking pup!

FuzzButtMum 04-20-2014 11:57 AM

Nope, but I LOVE Kings!!!!!!!!! I'd love to own one in the future.

It would be awesome if he takes after his dad :)

Freestep 04-20-2014 01:22 PM

From what I understand, a "King" Shepherd is just an oversize GSD, or have they been mixed with something else?

TigervTeMar 04-20-2014 01:51 PM

don't own a King but me and my puppy did meet one at a park. largest dog I've ever seen, his owner said it was 150lbs. With the fuzzy coat...BIG. He was super sweet tempered and put up with my puppy slapping his face when he wouldn't play. He was also off leash at a playground with tons of other kids and families and no one cared. He just stayed near the mom, who was standing near to the jungle gym.

Merciel 04-20-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestep (Post 5403801)
From what I understand, a "King" Shepherd is just an oversize GSD, or have they been mixed with something else?

They are mixes like Shilohs, not oversized GSDs. King Shepherds are derived from GSD, Malamute, and Great Pyrenees.

King Shepherd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

misslesleedavis1 04-20-2014 02:34 PM

From what I understand they are mixes, my sister always claimed her simon was a big king shep but I think he was just your typical black and tan, chunky munky gsd :)

Diesel7602 04-20-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestep (Post 5403801)

The dad's blood line comes from Germany and he weighs 130. The mom is a regular gsd, so I don't know if my pup will be as big as the dad or he can be bigger. I think they can get up to 150. When the dad stand up he is like 5 foot 8. I don't know how big a regular gsd gets but he is way taller them me at 5 foot 4. My boy is almost 30 pounds at 11 weeks today.

Diesel7602 04-20-2014 04:45 PM

See idk if he is a king or comes from a large gsd. But he is growing fast and the vet thinks I need to put him on a starving diet, but I think he is getting big cause of his dad, and I'm not about to starve my baby .

Diesel7602 04-20-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigervTeMar (Post 5403937)
don't own a King but me and my puppy did meet one at a park. largest dog I've ever seen, his owner said it was 150lbs. With the fuzzy coat...BIG. He was super sweet tempered and put up with my puppy slapping his face when he wouldn't play. He was also off leash at a playground with tons of other kids and families and no one cared. He just stayed near the mom, who was standing near to the jungle gym.

Awe a gentle giant!!! :-) <3