German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   How to engage puppy with toys? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/433649-how-engage-puppy-toys.html)

TheDakotaShow 04-04-2014 12:09 PM

How to engage puppy with toys?
 
She likes everything else but her toys. Carpet, baseboard, coaches, clothes.....any help?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

DJEtzel 04-04-2014 12:18 PM

What are you doing with the toys when you try to engage her?

TheDakotaShow 04-04-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEtzel (Post 5323825)
What are you doing with the toys when you try to engage her?

Taking them out. Wiggling them in in front of her. Tossing them. What else can I do.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

DJEtzel 04-04-2014 12:38 PM

She has no interest when you are touching her, wiggling soft toys in front of her, dragging them around, etc?

SuperG 04-04-2014 12:39 PM

Put some peanut butter on them.....

Have you tried any squeaky toys ???


SuperG

TheDakotaShow 04-04-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEtzel (Post 5323969)
She has no interest when you are touching her, wiggling soft toys in front of her, dragging them around, etc?

She's does a little bit. But gets bored very quickly. Then turns her attention to the other things.





Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperG (Post 5323985)
Put some peanut butter on them.....

Have you tried any squeaky toys ???


SuperG

Ill try it but I'm sure she'll just lick it. Yes I have squeaky toys.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

KHLOE 04-04-2014 03:50 PM

Just posted about this as well. Someone told me it takes a while that their dogs didn't really play till like 6 months. So you are not the only one with the issue I guess sometimes they are just not interested... My puppy is 4 months and will not play with me no matter how hard I try.

KHLOE 04-04-2014 03:51 PM

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...esnt-play.html

Here is a link to my post so you can read what advice they gave me as well.

wyoung2153 04-04-2014 04:07 PM

I will say.. just FYI.. Titan is 4 yrs, and has never realy been interested in toys per say. Fetch is it for him. If he has a toy it's expected to be thrown somwhere.. he has never been interested in them and just watned to chews. Which may be somthing to think about with yours. Do you have chews for her? Nylabones?? Marrow bones?? Kongs??

TheDakotaShow 04-04-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoung2153 (Post 5325265)
I will say.. just FYI.. Titan is 4 yrs, and has never realy been interested in toys per say. Fetch is it for him. If he has a toy it's expected to be thrown somwhere.. he has never been interested in them and just watned to chews. Which may be somthing to think about with yours. Do you have chews for her? Nylabones?? Marrow bones?? Kongs??

I was thinking of marrow bones. As there is a butcher next to me. Can you give 11wk old them? If so what type?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2