German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Please Help orange pee (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/428418-please-help-orange-pee.html)

Phoenix14 03-23-2014 07:24 PM

Please Help orange pee

Hey everyone so i'm a new GSD mama and just having a neurotic time with my Phoenix. So When I got her she had Diarrhea for 1 week and took her to the vet twice second time they found Coccidia parasite. Now that she's all treated for that and having normal poops. I noticed last night that she has a very pale orange pee. It's not every pee maybe 2 orange one yellow. This morning i'm calling the Vet again he probably hates me. But in the mean time I am wondering if anyone has any insight. I have water always available and this morning she also puked cat poop so i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. She's eating and acting her normal self.

She's eating Science Diet I tried giving her Blue Buffalo but I think it's too rich for her because she gets sick after eating it.

JakodaCD OA 03-23-2014 07:33 PM

orange could indicate some blood in the urine which may equate to a uti..I'd get a sample, (of the one with orange), and have it tested...

Phoenix14 03-23-2014 07:53 PM

Will do thanks so much.

shepherdmom 03-23-2014 08:12 PM

Is he on any medicines? Sometimes I think that can cause different colors.

MyHans-someBoy 03-23-2014 08:19 PM

I totally agree that testing for a UTI is a good idea.
My GSD is the only animal I've ever owned that I have had to encourage to drink water, even though he always has access.
It is like it is an afterthought for him.
"Oh, yeah, now that you mention it, I guess I am really thirsty"!

But often he is so eager to go and do things, he'll pass the bowl right up until he's reminded.

So sometimes his urine has an orangish tint to it because he is somewhat dehydrated. It smells pretty strong as well.

Hopefully, that is what is going on with yours as well, but it wouldn't hurt to check things out to be safe. :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Phoenix14 03-23-2014 09:08 PM

She is on her last day of the parasite meds she has been on it for 7 days. We are working on drinking and eating I dont' know if its the bowls but she will only eat if I put the food on my hand and I have to play with the water for her to be interested.

kr16 03-23-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix14 (Post 5254666)
She is on her last day of the parasite meds she has been on it for 7 days. We are working on drinking and eating I dont' know if its the bowls but she will only eat if I put the food on my hand and I have to play with the water for her to be interested.

Read the info on the parasite meds and see if that is a symptom of taking those meds

Phoenix14 03-23-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kr16 (Post 5254682)
Read the info on the parasite meds and see if that is a symptom of taking those meds

I wish I could it's in Japanese. The doctor speaks english but the packaging and meds she is on is not.

kr16 03-23-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix14 (Post 5254754)
I wish I could it's in Japanese. The doctor speaks english but the packaging and meds she is on is not.

ouch, can you get the name of the drug? The doctor has to know that. Than again, if your calling the doc tomorrow you can just tell them whats going on. I would still get the name and google the side effects if possible.

llombardo 03-23-2014 09:57 PM

What kind of bowls are you using?