I'm also preparing for my little chunk to come home in just under two weeks!!!
So far we have-
- Correct crate for his size + bed and bowls to go inside
- Stair gate (to keep him off our stairs when he is very young as they are quite steep)
- Brushes for grooming
- Small lead and collar
- Pooper Scooper
- Clicker for training
- blanket for snuggling in his crate
- The correct food for when he comes home
- Puppy pads (to go in the car on the way home in case of accidents and then in the appropriate spots where needed)
I'm actually just off out to the pet shop to see if there is anything else i'm sure i've forgotten some on the above list really hope that helps!
I bet you can't wait until your pup comes home, it's so exciting isn't it!
I get the large puppy kongs, but I don't have heavy chewers.... You will have to trial and error what works for you. My 12 year old still prefers the softer puppy kongs to the adult ones.... But he doesn't chew them up, just licks all the stuff out of the inside. He would rather chew a frozen raw marrow bone for his heavy chewing.
Ball size is also dependent on the dog. I have an 8 year old 92# female who prefers the kong ball with the hole in it. Medium/Large size maybe? My puppy also loves this one. I also have the bigger JW balls which is a favorite for my older male. It really is trial and error. Buy a variety. They will pick their favorites.
Nature's Miracle for accidents, plenty of rags and bedding (I always keep old towels in my crates so if a dog has an accident, they aren't sliding around in it). You can never have too much stuff to chew on: nylabones, bully sticks, himalayan chews.