German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Can puppies be boring (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/424898-can-puppies-boring.html)

Airman1stclass 03-15-2014 07:56 PM

Can puppies be boring

So my puppy is 9 weeks old and he doesn't seem to be very playful. Before I continue let me say I've only had him for 2 days so he is still getting used to us. Ok so he doesn't seem to be enjoying tug very much. He'll usually just lay down and hold it in his mouth without putting up a fight. He does chase the tug a little bit but doesn't stay interested in it very long. Actually maybe only like a minute or two. He chases the ball a little bit but not like I expect. I'm pretty sure I'm probably expecting too much now. I think I watched too many videos with young puppies barking and chasing tugs on poles and now I expect my pup to do the same. Here I am thinking my puppy is boring, hopefully I don't get end up on here in the future complaining about him having too much energy lol.

robk 03-15-2014 08:02 PM

Give the pup some time. He is very young. At this age their attention span is about 1 min. They need to explorer a little and sleep a lot. When I brought my current pup home she was around 10 weeks old and all she wanted to do was cuddle in my lap. Today at 10 months she is a hellion.

Airman1stclass 03-15-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robk (Post 5208066)
Give the pup some time. He is very young. At this age their attention span is about 1 min. They need to explorer a little and sleep a lot. When I brought my current pup home she was around 10 weeks old and all she wanted to do was cuddle in my lap. Today at 10 months she is a hellion.

Lol. I will give him time. Just was wondering. Im pretty sure this guy's gonna have a decent amount of energy when he's older.

Taz's Mom 03-15-2014 08:17 PM

Enjoy that while it last,my Tax is 16 weeks old and never gives out. I give out way before he does. Lol

Apoolutz 03-15-2014 08:23 PM

Enjoy it while you can, it won't last long lol

ZoeD1217 03-15-2014 08:26 PM

Wanna trade?

;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

ksotto333 03-15-2014 09:43 PM

He is so young, it takes a while for different interests to develop. Although we threw balls for Tess almost from day one, it took about 5-6 months for her to realize what great fun chasing a ball could be. She will fetch now until she can't run anymore. It's her favorite thing to do.

mego 03-15-2014 09:50 PM

mine would not play vigorously til almost a year old lol. All she wanted to do was use her nose and explore outside, she's a tugging machine now

Sunflowers 03-15-2014 09:54 PM

Heh, heh.

This is the quiet before the storm, my friend :D

Springbrz 03-16-2014 12:49 AM

Ha Ha...just you wait. One day, very soon, I bet you'll be asking how to get him to stop tugging and let go of the leg of your pajama pants or your bathrobe.