Hot Puppy - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cool Hot Puppy

My GSD, Riley, hates being hot. Our house is by no means hot (kept between 70-75 degrees), but she is really hot natured. I have had to turn off the heat at night so she can sleep. Our house is freezing!
I am wondering if a cooling bed would help in her crate and for outdoors. Which ones do you recommend for indoors and outdoors. She is allowed out and in via dog door. Also, does anyone have a kiddie pool for their GSD. Riley likes playing in her water bowls and comes in the shower to play in the water. I am concerned about her this summer. If she's already hot at 60 degrees, summer is going to be a bear. I live in Middle Tennessee.

BTW, she is going to be a big girl already 20 lbs at 11 weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Puppy-image.jpg  
lcsparrow70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Our Ziva was a very hot puppy. We can't keep the house above 70 or she is panting and fussy. Last summer we kept all the ceiling fans going all the time. We got her a kiddy pool. It took her a bit to get used to but once she did it was one of her favorite places to be. Her tongue is always out, even on the shortest walks. She wanted in the water at the on of the parks when it was 60 out and the water temp was probably only around 45/50. She just stood in the water happy as could be.
She just turned a year old and she is still on the warm side. I keep hoping she will out grow it or she is going to be an unhappy camper here in Virginia in August.
Good thing I still have that kiddie pool.
Springbrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the input. I talked to the breeder and she said her mother is the same way. Thankfully most of the house has wood flooring. She seems to migrate to certain areas of the wood floor. She also stays in my room quite a bit which is cooler than the rest of the house. I turned off the heat last night when we put her in her crate and she slept soundly.
lcsparrow70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

My two both sleep with a fan on them, year around And I think our house is cold!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.