German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Okay... Now my puppy if biting at the tile floor... I was thinking OCD? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/422866-okay-now-my-puppy-if-biting-tile-floor-i-thinking-ocd.html)

Madisonmj97 03-11-2014 06:29 PM

Okay... Now my puppy if biting at the tile floor... I was thinking OCD?

Scraping his teeth on it while walking and licking it.....

onyx'girl 03-11-2014 06:35 PM

you've never used a laser pointer with the dog?

shepherdmom 03-11-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madisonmj97 (Post 5178794)
Scraping his teeth on it while walking and licking it.....

At the rescue my pup and his littermates chewed on a linoleum flooring that was tearing loose. Since he has been home he paws at and tries to chew my ceramic tile in the same way. I just tell him no when I catch him at it but he still tries every once in a while. It was just something he learned he could get away with as a baby and hasn't figured out that ceramic tile doesn't work the same way. :laugh:

JakodaCD OA 03-11-2014 07:28 PM

maybe it tastes good? not being sarcastic, just an idea. Or is he teething??

BensLife 03-11-2014 07:36 PM

I would guess he is teething and when he was younger he felt that the floors made his teeth feel good?

Madisonmj97 03-11-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BensLife (Post 5179234)
I would guess he is teething and when he was younger he felt that the floors made his teeth feel good?

He's only 8 weeks, he literally just started doing it today... That why I thought it was strange

Madisonmj97 03-11-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA (Post 5179194)
maybe it tastes good? not being sarcastic, just an idea. Or is he teething??

Prob teething. It's just weird cause he scrapes his teeth along it and pushes his jaw on it... Like you can hear the sheering in his teeth when he does it

Madisonmj97 03-11-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 5178826)
you've never used a laser pointer with the dog?

Nope

Madisonmj97 03-11-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shepherdmom (Post 5179154)
At the rescue my pup and his littermates chewed on a linoleum flooring that was tearing loose. Since he has been home he paws at and tries to chew my ceramic tile in the same way. I just tell him no when I catch him at it but he still tries every once in a while. It was just something he learned he could get away with as a baby and hasn't figured out that ceramic tile doesn't work the same way. :laugh:

But he just started doing it today... We were just sitting on the floor and he started licking the tile and scraping his teeth on, honestly looks painful

SuperG 03-11-2014 07:48 PM

I recall one of my pups scratching,"digging" and gnawing on a particular area which was carpeted....thought maybe something was buried under the house....but weeks later after really thinking about it...I discovered I was on the second floor.....oh, the pup eventually quit and I believe I was easily able to distract her into a more productive activity.

SuperG