German Shepherds Forum banner

What should I allow? (pack structure)

4K views 48 replies 14 participants last post by  mydogs 
#1 ·
My question is, now that i have my new puppy, Ryker, How do i let him and my 1.5 yr old female Sage interact? Sage is not a dominant dog, she is very submissive, Ryker even though he is only 8.5 weeks is very strong willed, especially with Sage and he will retaliate if he doesn't like something.. they get along great and seem to play with no problems. but is there something i need to do as far as helping them figure out the pack structure between themselves, and between ryker and I? Or do i just let it play its course? Ryker does not seem to be willing to submit to either myself or Sage. Is this a problem? Or is he just far too young for any of that yet?:confused:

#49 ·
Let them figure it out. I have 5 dogs bringing my pup home was hard on my Great Dane. Now they get along great. They all get along. Just watch the first few weeks you can tell if something isn't right. Rough play sounds worst than a dog fight. It's 24/7 supervision I won't stress that enough. I was like a hawk for a month straight worried about my Dane. Esp when he was lying on floor and puppy running around. Now they play he jumps on my Dane and all is good.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.