German Shepherds Forum banner

Starting to panic.... New puppy comes home tomorrow!

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  shepherdmom 
#1 ·
Ok I've done this before. I can do this.... It's been 12 years since I brought home such a young puppy. Both Ivan and Wiggles were older 6-7 months when I got them.

crate - check
toys- check
puppy food - check
frozen raw bones to chew on - check
kong - check
xpen- check

Figured we will lock up the older dogs and let them out one at a time to greet new pup, so he is not overwhelmed with 4 big dogs sniffing at him all at once. I've already introduced wiggles. So I'll start with her.

I don't want to mess this up.

See less See more
#8 ·
#10 ·
I am in the middle of this and for sure it is do-able and lovely but once in a while you'll ask yourself how your old dogs did turn into such angels. You just got to do it.
In the past with introducing a new pup I wold get the most dominant dog out first and when that did go well, the others just followed suit. Never had a problem introducing a puppy at home. New adults I took to a neutral place with mine.

#11 ·
In the past with introducing a new pup I wold get the most dominant dog out first and when that did go well, the others just followed suit.
Oh great idea! I'll bring Buddy out first. :)

Thanks!

Hahahaha I so remember that feeling last July. You will be fine and yes, your life will be turned up side down for a few months. Enjoy... keeps you young.
My hair is getting even more grey just thinking about tomorrow. :laugh: I'm sure it will all be fine, but today, I'm thinking we are nuts for doing this. :crazy::D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.