German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Tough Toy suggestions? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/403826-tough-toy-suggestions.html)

aqueous18 01-29-2014 03:16 PM

Tough Toy suggestions?

Tried cruising around the search function, but couldn't find anything. What are everyone's suggestions for tough toys that will last longer than one or two play sessions? Kain loves toys and thankfully chews on them as opposed to things he shouldn't be chewing. I want to make sure it stays that way, but I can't find that sweet spot toy that will last. He has a Kong and a wobble Kong that dispenses treats when he plays with it. Nylabones last, but he's not as interested in it as he is something that squeaks. He had one of those stuffed ducks, but that didn't last long. Right now he has a stuffing-less long raccoon that has held up for a few days. Suggestions?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Sp00ks 01-29-2014 03:24 PM

bully sticks, antlers, stuffing-less toys, and kong balls are what we are using outside what your already using. Ours doesn't seem to be a toy killer at this point, that may all change as he ages a little.

MichaelE 01-29-2014 04:33 PM

Anything with the name 'Kong'.

DobbyDad 01-29-2014 04:46 PM

Favorites here are antlers and big Gatorade bottles, and for some reason a small squeaky green ball that he could tear up but doesn't.

stmcfred 01-29-2014 05:15 PM

Lola's favorite is the Jolly Teaser ball.

Chewing wise, both my dogs really like frozen Kongs filled with wet food (I use Triplett canned tripe mixed with some kibble). And stuffing less toys.

DutchKarin 01-29-2014 05:25 PM

Goughnuts and black kongs are the only thing so far that works for us in terms of toys. Everything else gets destroyed. ;-)

MyHans-someBoy 01-29-2014 05:58 PM

Hans has something called a Zanies Megaruffs Bone that features 9 layers of tough. He has not been able to even make a rip in it and has had it about 9 or 10 months. We got it at a Rural King farm store, but if you don't have those stores in your area, you might google it and see where to order it.

I remember it being about $13 or $14
but was worth every penny, since he is an extreme chewer and can't seem to destroy it. It isn't for lack of trying. :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Galathiel 01-29-2014 06:01 PM

We still have Varik's Kong Squeeez stick that we got some months ago. Squeaker still works too. It's a favorite. He also likes most bones to chew, including nylabones amazingly. We just got him a Jolly Egg for outside and he really likes it. Of course favorites are still: flirt pole, balls (chuck it and soft balls) and his rope tug. He has toys scattered all over the house all the time, but nothing that squeaks except his Kong stick and his Bad Cuz.

He loves gatorade bottles but we're out now and probably won't have more until warmer weather when my husband is working outside and sweating like crazy (yay humid Texas heat).

Thesilentone 01-29-2014 06:59 PM

Jolly Balls are really durable, the ones with the handle get chewed off though I'll keep buying those. JW Pet's Cuz toy is one of Sam's favorites which is probably the toughest toy I've gotten him so far and the only toy with a squeaker that he can't get at! I can't get anything with stuffing in it either because I will usually find it all over the floor within a day.

shepherdmom 01-29-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelE (Post 4928154)
Anything with the name 'Kong'.

Avoid the kong tennis balls. They are torn up easy otherwise yes Kong stuff is good and so is JW.