German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   I'm such a horrible person :( (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/403754-im-such-horrible-person.html)

mommanomma 01-29-2014 01:36 PM

I'm such a horrible person :(

So me and my pup have been going on daily walks to get him some healthy excersize and it didn't even click to me that he hasn't had his shots! We talked to a vet yesterday and we have an appt for Saturday to get his first round and he will be getting his par I shot. This morning I feel like he is getting thinner and when I went outside for something I caught him throwing up behind a bush. There was no grass in it and it was clear and very mucusy. Also his nose is dry. Could these be symptoms of Parvin or is he just stressed about being in a new home still? Please help I'm freaking out here.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Lilie 01-29-2014 01:47 PM

Is he getting thinner because he isn't eating & drinking?

mommanomma 01-29-2014 02:09 PM

My husband doesn't think he looks thinner but I do. He is drinking and won't eat. Usually to get him to eat I go sit by him and he will eat but now he won't. He doesn't want to move I tried getting him excited about going on a walk and he just wants to lay down. I'm calling the vet for an appt today.

madis 01-29-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommanomma (Post 4926994)
My husband doesn't think he looks thinner but I do. He is drinking and won't eat. Usually to get him to eat I go sit by him and he will eat but now he won't. He doesn't want to move I tried getting him excited about going on a walk and he just wants to lay down. I'm calling the vet for an appt today.

I'm sorry he's sick. Vomiting is a sign of early parvo, but only your vet can be sure. Keep him hydrated and I wouldn't worry about eating too much. Hydration is key.

Castlemaid 01-29-2014 02:36 PM

Has he had a check up at all since you had him? He could be sick, or he could have gotten into something. I see from your other posts that he is an outside dog, and kept in the garage at night? Who knows WHAT he has gotten into that may make him sick, - or he swallowed something that is causing a partial blockage. Puppies this age should NEVER be left unsupervised. If you can't watch him directly, he should be safely crated.

I'd take him in right away - at this age they can get worse very quickly.

madis 01-29-2014 02:46 PM

I don't want you to jump to conclusions, but you NEED to see how devastating parvo can be and why it's so important to do research when getting a puppy.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...d.php?t=392034

mommanomma 01-29-2014 03:18 PM

We have a vet appt at 2pm. When he is in the garage he is gated off so he can't get into anything in there. I'm pretty sure he has parvo and I'm just mortified right now. All he is doing is laying down he doesn't want to get up or move at all and he is breathing erratically. My husband thinks it's depression but I know for a fact he is sick.

Lucy Dog 01-29-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommanomma (Post 4927370)
We have a vet appt at 2pm. When he is in the garage he is gated off so he can't get into anything in there. I'm pretty sure he has parvo and I'm just mortified right now. All he is doing is laying down he doesn't want to get up or move at all and he is breathing erratically. My husband thinks it's depression but I know for a fact he is sick.

It's not depression. Just get your pup to the vet ASAP and go from there.

Lilie 01-29-2014 03:23 PM

It's not depression. I'm glad you have a vet appointment.

mommanomma 01-29-2014 03:30 PM

I read up on that post about parvo and now I'm outside making him drink more water. Only another hour till we go to the vet.