German Shepherds Forum banner

Mom locking up puppies 24/7 in the basement

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  lemonbalm 
#1 ·
It's one thing to do that. It's another thing when she won't listen to me about it.

Sure, just have a "serious talk" with her. Right. But she'll ignore me or threaten to hit me again.

Any questions she just yells at the top of her lungs. Won't feed me for the day.

I used to be able to bring one pup up into the house and while at it I would try to house train him. ONE accident and my mom freaks out and puts him back into the basement. I have school. I can't bring him out while I'm at school, so I asked my mom if she could and what does she say? "No I'm too busy all day."

Truth is she's on the computer all day. Doing work? No, chatting and flirting in a disgusting high pitched voice online to strangers. For money? NO. This is for HER entertainment. It's a chat room. I've seen it and used it a couple times out of curiosity and no you can't earn money from it.

I know, I know. The same old questions that won't be answered would be asked on here.
"Why do we even have dogs if I can't play with them/bring them up here?"
"You shut up! You're so annoying! Stop asking me questions (That day that was the first question I ever asked)!! Keeping talking and I'll hit you!!! Too long since I've hit you, you're not afraid (She's referring to me as being rude. She thinks fear is what earns respect and demands respect all the time). My mom even tried to use fear on my dogs by HITTING them to get them to stay out of the living room.
She complains about them pooping and peeing all over the house. I claim that I'm trying to housebreak them (and I am!!) but she won't help me when I'm at school. How are they going to learn? She tells me I'm annoying, and she's not talking to me anymore.

***NOTE: I am ALWAYS talking in a calm voice in a calm manner, no attitude and it ALWAYS seems like she's angered that I'm so calm and she's not.

I can't ask my mom to do anything and she won't listen to me. My dad and sisters don't like me either. I could sit in my room and listen to them talk and play with each other like a normal family downstairs while I'm in my room because when I'm down there, they are all silent. She won't re-home the dogs because she says she loves them. She said that to me as if I didn't love the dogs. Whenever she senses that she's losing an argument she goes into other unrelated stuff just to make me look bad: "All you do is care for the dogs and don't concentrate on school and your homework!!" For those wondering, these dogs are my only friends (no friends at school, people don't like me) and I never had anything less than a B this school year (which is also the time when we got the pups).

"You should be lucky to even have dogs!!" Sure. These two pups were bought specifically for MY SISTERS. They didn't care for the dogs after the first few days and left them for me when they still talked to me. I feel so truly alone and feel so much hatred that I am responsible for the dogs but I can't control what happens to them. Do any of you have kids? How would you feel if your relative/mother took your kids away from you and and locked them away where you can't speak or even look at them because she said she didn't like them? Things can change but she won't have an open mind. I'm sorry if I sound like a spoiled brat but I'm crying and my sisters would love for me to be miserable. They spend every day trying to make me feel bad with insults but that doesn't work so they hurt my dogs because they know I care about the dogs. Mom says she doesn't want the house to smell but she won't even care to contribute.

Please, I've heard suggestion before. Let me tell you that these won't work:

Have a serious talk with mom
Rehome the dogs (Mom is super stubborn about this)
Get some other adult to help you (Mom does NOT care. She won't even listen to the VET)
Call CPS
Get dad to help
Get sisters to help

:sick:

See less See more
#2 ·
:eek:

You poor thing!

Get out of that house and take those dogs with you!

I can't imagine living with a family like that, is there any other family members who are decent human beings that you can live with?

#7 ·
Another story that there are two sides to.
Arent you the kid with the bunny and parakeets your parents got you?

You have alot on your plate with two dogs, parakeets, bunnies and what other animals you have. If things are really as bad as your post, or come to think of it if its nothing like your post still TALK to a school psychologist. They might be able to help you more than an internet site.

#8 ·
I think you need to speak to a psychologist. We have yet another teen that seems to be forming an unhealthy relationship/view towards animals.

Were you to walk into my hospital, I would immediately call a social worker to speak with you. Validity of your statements is needed as well as a therapist to talk to.

In a crisis you can always call a depression hotline

Suicide Hotline: 800-784-2433
Immediate Medical Assistance: 911
Crisis Call Center: 800-273-8255 or text ANSWER to 839863

Crisis Call Center
800-273-8255 or text ANSWER to 839863
Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
Crisis Services | 24-Hour Help Hotline

Depression and Bipolar Support
800-273-TALK (8255)
Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance - Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance

National Hopeline Network
800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
800-442-HOPE (4673)
Kristin Brooks Hope Center - Hopeline

Crisis Center and Hotlines Locator by State
Locator

Suicide Prevention Services Depression Hotline
630-482-9696
Suicide Prevention Services. 528 S. Batavia Ave., Batavia. IL. 60510

Thursday’s Child National Youth Advocacy Hotline
800-USA-KIDS (800-872-5437)
Thursday's Child—for Endangered Children Missing Runaways Eating Disorders, Cutting Suicide Child Abuse Prostitution Bullying

Your Life Iowa: Bullying Support and Suicide Prevention
(855) 581-8111 (24/7) or text TALK to 85511 (4–8 PM every day)
Chat is available Mondays–Thursdays from 7:30 PM–12:00 AM
Your Life Iowa

These are all national lines/websites where you can get more information or find someone to talk to.

#10 ·
Also you may want to hide your phone or camera somewhere and get her threatening to hit you on tape and / or if she harms you again please take pictures so if the authorities ever need to step in to get you out of there (custody to an aunt/uncle/trusted friend) you will have evidence.

HOnestly it sounds like a crappy situation to be living in. I may be taking it too extreme, you may just be frustrated but that sounds like serious stuff.

#11 ·
Thanks everyone I was and am incredibly frustrated because she's still keeping them in the basement, but all of those threats and such happen whenever she gets herself in an argument with me and knows she can't win, and/or every single argument involving the dogs.

Yes, it sounds not okay to live here but for the most part, besides my older sister purposely harming the dogs to upset me (stepping on their paws, kicking them, telling others to hurt them, step on their tails), my mother constantly ignoring me, my dad always siding with the others, my little sister joining my older sister, and more, it's pretty decent.

Some of the plus sides are that I do have my own room now. I used to have to cry silently on the top bunk bed in a doorless room connected to the living room. Not saying that for pitying, but it's a nice feature to have a place to you know, let go. And be alone.

I also have a phone (I never wanted one but my dad keeps trying to make me have one). It's a pretty neat phone with a camera, and on walks I take pictures of the sky and sometimes I look at those pictures because it's so pretty to me.

It might seem mediocre but I visit this nice hill in this landfill because it's really nice to see the sky without buildings blocking it.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
yes very nice pics. How come only one area has snow? what happened didnt it snow on the other side? if this place makes you feel peacful, you should try and visit more, if its safe. most landfills I know dont allow people in there because its not safe. I agree with the others . the best thing to do may be to find a non kill rescue to take in your dogs and call one of the numbers below to talk to someone that can help you feel better.

#17 ·
I'm getting that the poster is young, still in school.

I have a suggestion, talk to your guidance counselor or a teacher you trust..Your situation does not sound like a good one for either you or your animals.

#18 ·
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. in case you were worried about the snow... this is the hill again. With Scruffy.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.