German Shepherds Forum banner

"K" name suggestions for female Long Coat pup!

6K views 59 replies 35 participants last post by  Neko 
#1 ·
My husband and I think that when we have kids, we might as well let them be child 1 and 2 and choose their own name when they can talk......... I will end up with princess and batman.

Seriously the only reason we named Zeus is because I wanted a dog named Zeus since I was a kid.

Any suggestions for a fluffy one starting with a "K"?

Thanks for input!

#2 ·
Well of course I have a bias for Kaia....Y litter, so I went with Yakaia Vom Herzbach AKA Kaia

Kaia meaning and name origin

Kaia \
kaia\ as a girl's name is a variant of Kai (Hawaiian) and Kaya (Japanese, Zulu, Turkish, Hopi, Hindi), and the meaning of Kaia is "the sea; restful place, yew tree, forgiveness; home; stone; willow, wise child; the one with the beautiful body, profile".
Read more at Kaia | meaning of Kaia | name Kaia
Kaia meaning and name origin

SuperG

#3 ·
Kai [KYE]
Kamilla
Karin
Karla
Karolin
Katharina
Kathrin / Katrin
Katja [KAT-ya]
Kerstin
Kirsten
Klara
Klaudia
Konstanze
Kriemhild(e)
Kristin

Where you see a 'th', it is pronounced as 't'.

#4 ·
My suggestion is to wait until you get the little fluff ball home and learn her personality. I think knowing the dog helps inspire name choices.

In the mean time you'll have plenty of other names which will probably vary depending if she's being a little angel or a fluffy pirahna. ;)

#7 ·
We will wait, but I do want her to be registered with the litter letter.

I just want to be ready! her current name is Kati and if we keep it I will pronounce it Katie. I also really like Karma, Klara, Kilala. Kai sounds cute!

This is crazy exciting!

#12 ·
We had to do a "K" name also. When deciding don't rule out 'C" names. My puppy is named Kaleb, normally spelled Caleb. His litter mate is named Khloe, normally spelled Chloe.

#15 ·
Some Cs work as Ks, and some Ss work as Cs!

So you can play around a bit with it

My K's

Kyra
Kira
Knova
Kaos
Kougar
Kairo

Cs

Csabre
Cairo
Cougar

Some other Ks

Kobra
katya
Kognac
Kandi

Lee

#16 ·
I keep seeing cute names and texting my husband! ;)

Lee, he said Kirara (Kilala), so maybe Kira for short!

#22 ·
We used to have a dog named Koukla which is greek for doll. Not the toughest name but it was a Maltese/Poodle mix. My dad is from Greece and when I saw the dog when I was very young I asked "Is it real?" I thought it was toy so it got named Koukla.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.