German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy with small ears?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  SummerGSDLover 
#1 ·

I was wondering if you think my 7 week old puppy has small ears....
Also I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on his coloring, he is a sable and it appears that there is a lot of black hairs throughout his tan. His mask is super defined and he also has a lot of black on his chest and face.

ps This is my first day and my first post!

See less See more
#3 ·
God bless this little child. Make sure you take plenty of pictures and videos of this little one. When I got my first GSD, she was mostly all black-- she looked like a burnt black fat sausage. Her coloring changed and now she is "red" with beige and has the black saddle. Coloring changes and the ears will grow.
What a gorgeous baby!!

#6 ·
God bless this little child. Make sure you take plenty of pictures and videos of this little one.
What a gorgeous baby!!
Thank you! I plan on taking as many photos and videos as is possible! I think he is super adorable but may be a titch partial :)

#4 ·
Courtney: first off thank you, he is a wonderful addition!

As far as his DOB, not entirely. This is my first puppy and in my ignorance I don't think I chose a particularly awesome breeder. She told me he was born on Dec. 2nd he has no papers etc. but he is ours now and I intend to make the best of it. I was wondering if he was younger than she said too, he seems to do just fine with his food and we are on day three of potty training with no accidents. He doesn't particularly enjoy his crate when he first goes in but self-soothes just fine and tires himself out. What makes you think he is younger, or how old do you think he is?

#12 ·

I was wondering if you think my 7 week old puppy has small ears....

ps This is my first day and my first post!
Welcome, your pup look gorgeous. The ears do grow as they age, do not stress about the ear too much but concentrate on other important things like training etc.

This was my boy at 7 weeks old/ but for the record his ears are now huge! ?
View attachment 170602
He is also sable- now almost 5 months
View attachment 170610

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

WOW, that is some HUGE ears :D:D i bet you have alots of floopy ears pics ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.