German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Is this STUPID!? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/390354-stupid.html)

FortheLoveofChari 01-03-2014 01:30 AM

Is this STUPID!?

Okay I'm being a little insecure. I've been saying for years I want to name our next shepherd after one of my favorite anime character: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV

Edward - Cowboy Bebop Wiki

Now there are some links for those unfamiliar with Cowboy Bebop :3

Anyway, is it stupid to give a girl a boy's name. Edward is a girl in the anime, but I find it amusing. Of course, I have told my fiance if she doesn't seem like an ed (crazy spastic silly and very smart) then we won't name her ed <3

But of course on her papers if she is an ed, she will have the full name <3

Sp00ks 01-03-2014 08:06 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it, if that is what you want to name her. However, your going to have to explain this over and over and over for the next 10-15 years.

I've had an odd dog name that I came up with in my early 20's, trust me when I say explaining it gets old. She happened to answer to about 10 different things so I could wing it but still got old.

Nigel 01-03-2014 08:20 AM

I'd say go for it, my female has a male name. I get questioned once in a while or someone will take a second "confused" look at her and say, but its a female right? No big deal.

Galathiel 01-03-2014 09:26 AM

I have to always explain/spell my dogs' names. If you don't mind doing it over and over, then go for it if you love it! If not, go with something that's easy ;) ... considering my pets are Rai Li (pronounced Riley), Varik (pronounced like Erik with a "V" on the front) and Sienna (almost normal!)...yeah .. I'm used to it.

FortheLoveofChari 01-03-2014 12:40 PM

Oh, I don't mind explaining it. I don't know how many times I had to explain Chari. So many people would try and call her Charlie or Sharee..x.x

Also so many thought she was a boy, so I just can't wait to use the Radical Edward line "Ed's not a boy, Ed's a girl!" XD

I was feeling better about it the more I actually thought it through and the kennel name for her will be awesome:

Blackthorn's Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (Ed made it up you know <3)

Hehehe!

Jelpy 01-03-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FortheLoveofChari (Post 4763818)
Okay I'm being a little insecure.
Anyway, is it stupid to give a girl a boy's name. <3

A boy's name according to what? The Naming God? THe Golden Name Guide? I've worked for Social Security for odd years now and I can assure you, few-if anyone-seems to worry about names anymore. Name her what you like.

Jelpy

David Taggart 01-03-2014 04:17 PM

Eddy? E-e-e-ddy! Come here, sweetheart! Yes, it sounds, you can call him from the distance. It also could be "Teddy" for shorter.Or ot sounds stupid?

IOsmom 01-06-2014 11:23 AM

I don't think it's stupid at all. I think creative names are the best. Our dogs' names are Callisto and Io, after two of Jupiter's 4 most visible moons. We plan on getting a female in about a year and naming her Ganymede. I'm a huge science nerd, obviously ;P

Loneforce 01-06-2014 11:29 AM

It is not Stupid at all. I have a friend that named his female dog Spartacus. LOL Different is more like the word you are looking for. :)

OriginalWacky 01-09-2014 03:29 AM

Hmm, I've had several pets that had names that didn't quite go with their gender... a female guinea pig named Fred, a female kitten named Norman, a male cat named Lassie, to name a few. I've also had a parakeet named Teekarap, a bird named Cujo, a dog named Kitten... yeah, I like using different names.