German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Exhaustion! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/390106-exhaustion.html)

3dognite 01-02-2014 02:38 PM

Exhaustion!

Wow! It's been almost 11 years since we had a puppy in the house.

I'd forgotten the constant "where's the baby? what's he into? Who's keeping an eye on him? is stuff put away? How did he get my sock? Aah-ah! No chewing! Furniture is not a chew toy! Here's your rope! Here's your squeaky! Let's go for a WALK!"

I'm tired.

blackshep 01-02-2014 02:42 PM

:D

It is very exhausting!! Thankfully they grow up fast!

Gretchen 01-02-2014 05:50 PM

Look on the bright side, it will keep you in shape, and every time you have to clean up an "accident" just look at it as an opportunity to keep your floor or carpet clean. Enjoy that sweet puppy smell and soft fur while you can.

3dognite 01-02-2014 05:50 PM

Very true! :)

Sp00ks 01-02-2014 06:08 PM

I feel ya. Got ours yesterday. He's asleep, we get a break but then I think we shouldn't be letting him sleep right now..... It's a trade off.

So far it hasn't been too bad but I know what is coming. My wife and I sound off. "Pup is with you" So we know who is watching.

3dognite 01-03-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp00ks (Post 4761770)
I feel ya. Got ours yesterday. He's asleep, we get a break but then I think we shouldn't be letting him sleep right now..... It's a trade off.

So far it hasn't been too bad but I know what is coming. My wife and I sound off. "Pup is with you" So we know who is watching.

I had to laugh...my youngest daughter--nearly 15 and OH SO 15--was all offended the other day because she said he was with her...and she got sidetracked on the computer and he got into her goldfish food (her room is the typical 15 year-old's disaster). She said to my husband and I "Who was supposed to be watching him????". The "bloom is off the rose" I think the saying goes--at least with the kids! :laugh:

MaggieRoseLee 01-03-2014 10:23 AM

Puppies are SO hard! I have to have a 5 yr + split so I only remember the good parts.

Make sure you use baby gates, closed doors and crate time to help with the management and your ability to locate and keep and eye on the puppy!

Sp00ks 01-03-2014 10:41 AM

Oh the crate is a wonderful thing. Ours made it all night last night however, I suspect there is a surprise in there for us. Haven't checked yet.

Today is in the low 20's, wind chill in the teens. I've spent entirely too much time outside already :) brrrr!

KathrynApril 01-03-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dognite (Post 4760578)
Wow! It's been almost 11 years since we had a puppy in the house.

I'd forgotten the constant "where's the baby? what's he into? Who's keeping an eye on him? is stuff put away? How did he get my sock? Aah-ah! No chewing! Furniture is not a chew toy! Here's your rope! Here's your squeaky! Let's go for a WALK!"

I'm tired.

Hahaha oh this is so true so true.

We have -40 windchill expected tonight. Dinozzo wouldn't even stay outside long today. I might be making a trip with him down to Arkansas with my mom on an emergency trip so hopefully I will be avoiding that. My grandmother's dog had to be pts last night and we are worried about the grandmothers well being. :(

3dognite 01-03-2014 10:47 AM

We\'re looking at bad weather this weekend...I foresee a lot of ball chasing through the house...thankfully today is nice since he\'s crated in the van.