German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Please help, how old does she look? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/389354-please-help-how-old-does-she-look.html)

Thewretched 12-31-2013 11:55 PM

Please help, how old does she look?

3 Attachment(s)
I have a 7-9 week old girl, 2.5 weeks ago she was weighed at 10pounds, she is suppose to be a GS/mix, can someone tell me a guess of what she is mixed with, and how old she might be? Attachment 156410Attachment 156418Attachment 156426

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

misslesleedavis1 01-01-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewretched (Post 4752322)
I have a 7-9 week old girl, 2.5 weeks ago she was weighed at 10pounds, she is suppose to be a GS/mix, can someone tell me a guess of what she is mixed with, and how old she might be? Attachment 156410Attachment 156418Attachment 156426

I may be totally wrong here but she looks like a PB.

LokiTheLady 01-01-2014 01:27 AM

Not quite PB looking, the face is off and the muzzle looks a bit weird to me. And the eyebrow thing is really throwing me off the PB part. But I could be totally wrong! It looks like she might be mixed with a bit of Rott?

LokiTheLady 01-01-2014 01:31 AM

The structure of the head is really rather quite wide, and with such a small structured snout, it kind of looks like a Rott feature to me. But either way, she is completely gorgeous!

robeangyalchen 01-01-2014 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewretched (Post 4752322)

What made you say she is a mix? Ears?? She is too young, her ears might stand after few months. He looks like a Pure breed to me, but hey, i'm just as new as you. So someone experienced than me might know more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 4752450)
I may be totally wrong here but she looks like a PB.

I second her :) She looks exactly like my Tyson at 2.5 months, although her fur is shinier than Tysons :)

LokiTheLady 01-01-2014 01:48 AM

I'm not an expert, so I can't say for sure :). Are the pictures current? Or were they taken the two weeks ago? In those pictures she looks like she could be about 8 weeks. The weight would coincide with the age for a mix/PB of GSD's, imo. I've seen posts about PB's who weigh only 9 pounds at eight weeks. She looks like a beautiful dog, and such a personality in those eyes!

Thewretched 01-01-2014 08:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LokiTheLady (Post 4752634)
I'm not an expert, so I can't say for sure :). Are the pictures current? Or were they taken the two weeks ago? In those pictures she looks like she could be about 8 weeks. The weight would coincide with the age for a mix/PB of GSD's, imo. I've seen posts about PB's who weigh only 9 pounds at eight weeks. She looks like a beautiful dog, and such a personality in those eyes!

The person we rescued her from said she was a mix, Attachment 156450 this is her as a baby, the photo that made us take a trip to see the litterAttachment 156458 and this was her brother, the photo with her having a dog tag was taken just 2 days ago, the outside picture was taking Christmas Eve, though she seems to be growing very very quickly, I was wondering if she was a pure breed myself.. She doesn't seem to have much mix, I though PB and rot... The owner of the GSPs said that it might have been a black lab that got her GS pregnant, but not sure

Thewretched 01-01-2014 08:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My guesses we're rot, my wife says PB, but the owner said lab, haha with her looking so much like a GS, I wasn't sure... As for the age, maybe these pics will help... Attachment 156466Attachment 156474Attachment 156482 I know when these were taken, the day we came home with her, to me, it seems like she wasn't even 6 weeks, but I'm so new to this I have no clue

Thewretched 01-01-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LokiTheLady (Post 4752634)

The eye thing is exactly what my wife says haha, when we got the weight she was what we expected 6-7 weeks

scout172 01-01-2014 11:27 AM

Maybe 8 or 9 weeks if they are current.:gsdbeggin::gsdhead::doggieplayball: