German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Are these full blooded GSDs? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/386746-these-full-blooded-gsds.html)

andyslastbeer 12-26-2013 12:30 PM

Are these full blooded GSDs?

this ad claims they are. What are your thoughts?

German Shepherd Puppies - Ready in time for Christmas :) | Iberia | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 31037494

Dudes mom 12-26-2013 12:34 PM

They are cute, but look like a mix to me.

Freestep 12-26-2013 12:47 PM

I wouldn't trust a breeder that advertises litters on eBay. That said, they could be purebred, it's hard to tell at that age.

andyslastbeer 12-26-2013 12:57 PM

that's what I was thinking. I did get one and he is a very sweet little boy. Very happy puppy. I'll post a pic in a few weeks and we'll go from there.

Cassidy's Mom 12-26-2013 12:57 PM

Wow, the article says they'll be "ready in time for Christmas", but if they were born on 11/15, they'd be just 6 weeks old tomorrow. :(

Not registered, selling several weeks too young, charging only $75, advertising on eBay - take your pick of red flags to avoid this "breeder". Isn't Missouri supposed to be one of the worst puppy mill states? They are one of the 20 states that have laws about selling underage puppies, which in Missouri is less than 8 weeks, so this person is breaking state law if they're trying to dump these puppies now.

Jax08 12-26-2013 01:06 PM

MO/KS have terrible puppy mills. Brokers buy the puppies and resell them all over the U.S. They are shipped, stacked on top of each other, with kittens and puppies. Stressed. By the time they get to the end they are sick and some are dead.

Castlemaid 12-26-2013 01:08 PM

They look like they could be mixed with Rottweiler to me.

Sunflowers 12-26-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castlemaid (Post 4724858)
They look like they could be mixed with Rottweiler to me.

Yep.

Renmure 12-26-2013 01:12 PM

As you have said you got a pup, I hope you enjoy him and have many happy years ahead.

In response to your question though, I suspect he is not pure GSD. He looks like a big mix of rottie or Doberman to me, especially with his colouring, but I'm sure you will get a better idea as he developes.

Wendy

andyslastbeer 12-26-2013 01:21 PM

yea Missouri does have several puppy mill laws. I wasn't aware there was an age restriction as far as selling puppies though. I know he didn't come from a mill. He was on a farm with his siblings and mother. I am going to let them know that they're selling those puppies young. I'm kind of upset that he's not full blooded. I'll also let them know of that. But still, he is a very sweet pup and we will love him no matter what. Thanks for all the input everyone.