German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Light Eyes (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/377753-light-eyes.html)

Saber_Diego 12-07-2013 06:38 PM

Light Eyes
 
Hey, My GSD now turned 8 Months, he is my first dog to own and i love him so much
but i've had alot of doubts about his purity and I knew lately that a gsd eyes should be as dark as possible while my Leo's eyes are light

also his back is more of a straight back i guess ( Not that expert in dogs ) :$

so can someone help me ? is he a gsd?

Leo 8 Months | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_7391 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_8042-1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

GSDlover143 12-07-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber_Diego (Post 4631745)
Hey, My GSD now turned 8, he is my first dog to own and i love him so much
but i've had alot of doubts about his purity and I knew lately that a gsd eyes should be as dark as possible while my Leo's eyes are light

also his back is more of a straight back i guess ( Not that expert in dogs ) :$

so can someone help me ? is he a gsd?

Leo 8 Months | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_7391 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_8042-1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Gsds can have light eyes and dark eyes: )

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

GSDlover143 12-07-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber_Diego (Post 4631745)
Hey, My GSD now turned 8, he is my first dog to own and i love him so much
but i've had alot of doubts about his purity and I knew lately that a gsd eyes should be as dark as possible while my Leo's eyes are light

also his back is more of a straight back i guess ( Not that expert in dogs ) :$

so can someone help me ? is he a gsd?

Leo 8 Months | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_7391 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_8042-1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Your dog is purebred. Many german shepherds have light honey colored eyes... who.told you they cant?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Saber_Diego 12-07-2013 06:47 PM

I was surfing the web reading about dogs and stuff, then i learned that GSDs should have very dark brown eyes so i started wondering :$

GSDlover143 12-07-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber_Diego (Post 4631849)
I was surfing the web reading about dogs and stuff, then i learned that GSDs should have very dark brown eyes so i started wondering :$

Haha pretty sure they can have light eyes. Don't always believe what you see on the internet. ;) I can safely say your dog is pure.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Saber_Diego 12-07-2013 06:52 PM

@GSDlover143 hahahaha thank you so much, the idea of him turning out not to be pure was a little bit terrifying ,
one last question : when will he stop growing ? ( final size and color ) ?

GSDlover143 12-07-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber_Diego (Post 4631905)
@GSDlover143 hahahaha thank you so much, the idea of him turning out not to be pure was a little bit terrifying ,
one last question : when will he stop growing ? ( final size and color ) ?

Well seeing as he is 8 months old he isn't done growing. Once he reaches maturity he will start to fill out. His color probably won't change much more. I love your dog. Looks beautiful.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

GSDlover143 12-07-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber_Diego (Post 4631905)
@GSDlover143 hahahaha thank you so much, the idea of him turning out not to be pure was a little bit terrifying ,
one last question : when will he stop growing ? ( final size and color ) ?

Well to put your mind at ease. Your dog is a purebred long-hair German Shepherd.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Harry and Lola 12-07-2013 07:02 PM

I like your dogs look, is really stunning. Yes, they can have light or dark eyes. Breeder of my male chose the stud based on his dark eyes (as well as other characteristics) - she wants progeny of dark eyed GSDs, so my male has quite dark eyes.

Saber_Diego 12-07-2013 07:02 PM

Thats exactly what i was hoping to hear :D thanx


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2