German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Pattern sable color progression (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/375905-pattern-sable-color-progression.html)

crazyboutashepherd 12-04-2013 10:20 AM

Pattern sable color progression

7 Attachment(s)
I have been searching through this forum trying to find a patterned sable puppy color progression. The only luck I've had is finding pics of patterned sables as adults. So I wanted to make my own thread for anyone looking to find this in the future. My pup is only 11 weeks old and has changed dramatically. He is probably in this lightest stage right now. The black strip that use to be down his back is now being overtaken by what I assume is his orange/tan undercoat and that this will be covered again by a black overcoat. I will continue to update pics periodically until he is one year. Anyone with progression pics of their patterened sable please post and share!!!! Thanks!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

pjvie 12-04-2013 10:23 AM

Wow! So interesting. I love color progression posts, so thanks for putting it up!

crazyboutashepherd 12-04-2013 10:29 AM

The first pic i got fron breeder. He has his eye's open so im guessing 2 weeks old. 2nd and 3rd pics he was 6 weeks. 4th pic around 8 weeks. Last two pics at 10 weeks. Also, his sire is a blk/tan blanket. Dam is sable.. tan with dark grey/silver.

MichaelE 12-04-2013 11:31 AM

He's a cute pup for sure!

Sp00ks 12-04-2013 11:53 AM

Very cute pup.

Would you please continue to update with new images as he progresses. This is very interesting to watch.

I am going to do this with my pup but he/she will be primarily black, not sable. I just want to document growth, including ears etc.

crazyboutashepherd 12-04-2013 08:01 PM

Thanks everyone and yes I'll be updating often. :)

crazyboutashepherd 12-19-2013 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was going to wait longer than a few weeks before adding more pics but he keeps changing :) just when I thought he was about as light as he was going to get...nope and also his new outter coat coming in down his spine is wavy :) I've been reading threads about the waves in his hair. I have read thats its both normal and a fault. (Doesn't matter to me) but I'm wondering more about if thats a sign that he's plush. Would like to know what you think his coat will be as a adult. Anyway, pic overload cause he's my cutie pie. Attachment 151946Attachment 151954Attachment 151962[ATTACH]151970[/Attachment 151986

crazyboutashepherd 12-19-2013 02:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Eiros 12-19-2013 02:56 PM

I've had b&t dogs get this (totally normal) wavy fur too but maybe it's just more obvious looking on a sable?

Im not an expert, Im mostly commenting to say how cute his ears are! We got our sable pup at almost 6 months... wish I could have seen his baby coloring!

crazyboutashepherd 12-19-2013 03:00 PM

Awww, thanks!