Feeling bad - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Feeling bad

I feel like Baron spends his whole day in his crate I work from home but means I have to WORK. I can't pay attention to him fully and work. I do take him outside probably four times (to play not including potty) for a long play session and we play inside on and off but I just feel bad he's crated so much.

He's 9 weeks. Is he really in there too much or am I just succombing to those puppy looks he gives. me.

Bella - GSD mix (3/21/10)
Harley - GSD (2/5/10)
Baron - GSD (10/13)
lkcheertex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

I always felt bad for my boy when he was younger because I worked from 8pm to 8am. I usually had to leave the house early and didn't get home time about an hour after I got off. So I didn't have a lot of time to play with him. I would play before I went to bed and then when I got up. The 1st 6 months of owning him were like that. I usually tried extra hard on my day off to spend as much time as I could with him. The funny thing is he actually seemed to handle being in his crate better when he was younger and had to be in it a lot. Now he is out almost all the time and when we do have to leave him in it he throws a fit.
OUbrat79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to jessjeric

I have a 9wk old pup right now too. I was able to be with her the entire first week I got her because my employers allowed me to bring her to work with me (I'm a nanny). However they are uncomfortable with me bringing her every day so now I'm only going to be bringing her 2-3x a week (I do have weekends off) for the next 2-3 weeks until I move/get a new job.
Anyways, I'm really glad you posted this because today is her first day home by herself. I put her in the bathroom with some puppy pads, her food/water a bunch of toys (including a nylabone & stuffed kong) because there was just no way I could leave her in her crate all day. I played with her for about 45min before I left for work & my bf did the same (he doesn't have to leave for work until 9:50am or 10:45 depending on the day; I leave @7:15am) but it has seriously been breaking my heart just thinking of her being alone until 4:30 or 5pm. I've been praying one of the parents come home early today.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
jessjeric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.