German Shepherds Forum banner

Figo vom Jager Arbeiten Zwinger

8K views 64 replies 23 participants last post by  mharrisonjr26 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got my new pup tuesday Figo vom Jager Arbeiten Zwinger AKA Django tell me what ya think. How dark do you think he will get. Black or dark sable? Enjoy the pics. Born 1/29/13 pics from today 3/28/13

Figo vom Jager Arbeiten Zwinger

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
i can tell you are proud of your dog,
the reason i say he looks underweight
and somewhat malnourished is that his physique
won't be what it could be if he had more exercize and quality nutrition, not sure how much he actually is chained but he strikes me as a dog that is chained a lot, because of how he stands and his musculature
if this is the case his bones and joints won't develop correctly either
if you view other dogs his age they look more put together if that makes sense? although your pup is under a year, we shouldn't see all the rib cage and there ought to be more muscles as well since he's a boy
i hope he's not chained constantly because that can cause aggression in dogs and gsds already being protective, if they turn aggressive too that can be ugly to deal with
please understand that people care about dogs and feel sad when seeing a dog that it living situation may be less than optimal

#38 ·
Listen people I didnt spend over $1000 to keep my dog chained. If you think he is underdeveloped or mistreated by any means have your opinion its your right. He is fed the best diet IMO. He has a kennel/ run outside. He also has a crate and a bed in the house. I have several dogs and dog houses. I also have a Pit that likes to get into things. He is in great shape and i thought atleast typical for an 11 month old dog. His weight is vet weighed. I have taken him every friday since 12 weeks or so. If youd like to meet him in person pm me and you can see for yourself.

#41 ·
At 6 1/2 months old mine just weighed in at 70 lbs. I'm not an expert but I would have to agree that I think he could use some filling out. His head looks a little larger than his body and from what I've read, that usually means they're under weight (and vice versa). Again, I'm not an expert and I know different dogs grow at different weights, but he does look a little underweight.

Here's my black sable: I think sables have to be my favorite, although I think I'm going to go with a solid black (temperament pending) for my third.

Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

(Five months old here (bottom) )

Mine has steadily gotten very dark. Is puppy stripe , in stead of taking the saddle shape, pretty much enveloped his entire body all the way down to his toes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#60 ·
At 6 1/2 months old mine just weighed in at 70 lbs. I'm not an expert but I would have to agree that I think he could use some filling out. His head looks a little larger than his body and from what I've read, that usually means they're under weight (and vice versa). Again, I'm not an expert and I know different dogs grow at different weights, but he does look a little underweight.

Here's my black sable: I think sables have to be my favorite, although I think I'm going to go with a solid black (temperament pending) for my third.

View attachment 168897

View attachment 168921

View attachment 168961

(Five months old here (bottom) )

Mine has steadily gotten very dark. Is puppy stripe , in stead of taking the saddle shape, pretty much enveloped his entire body all the way down to his toes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Wow. I don't compliment a lot of dogs but that's one good looking dog. I especially like the first pic.

I like how dark sables have whites around their eyes like they wear goggles while tanning. My dark sable has also gotten darker with age. I think the light color stage is around 5 months and then it's dark from there on out. Op your dog isn't a dark sable. He's just a sable

#45 ·
I've got pics posted from the same age they are very similar. I dont see your dog anywhere. Who made you the expert just curious? Mochas dog is striking but at 6 months they are in 2 diffrent stages. Anyway why are so many stuck on what MY dog should look like. I simply posted for enjoyment. Not a critique otherwise he woukd be stacked.

#49 ·
He eats a raw diet. Prey model to be specific. Many diffrent protein sources. Mostly chicken and beef. Also rabbit, lamb, goat, and fish twice a week. He did seem to have pano for about a month so we took it a little easy but he gets regular exercise. He is very active and i like my dogs especially young on the lean side.

#50 · (Edited)
thanks for the information on the dog's diet -- pretty good in quality , maybe you can give him a bit of an increase in calories - give him more . Just meat is not complete --- give him some eggs , some over ripe berries , some kelp and marine greens , fish oil , omega 3 rich oil . Make sure the meat is not too lean . Pano would explain the dog's expression -- that over all achy look - .

here is "Raw Round-up" sponsored by Dogs Naturally Magazine. You have to sign up though. Great speakers , Dr Martin Goldstein , Kymythy Schultze, and more ... Dogs Naturally Magazine

#53 · (Edited)
oh yes , honeycomb tripe is thoroughly cleaned sometimes bleached , tender , and is a delicacy used in some Italian meals -- . Readily available in the Asian markets which have sheep and goat tripe . This is human edible .

Green tripe is nasty smelling , not cleaned , green because it has the pre-digested grasses , grains , that the bovine had before slaughter .
Good source of enzyme and probiotics.
Good as a treat -- have to weigh cost to benefits factor . If my purpose were to provide enzymes and probiotics I would should a direct feed method. That way you know what the dog is getting . Green tripe can be pricy for what you are getting . I used to get a garbage bag full and let the pups grab an end and have a go at it . Almost "free" . Now it is a hot saleable offal. https://www.google.ca/search?q=hone...N8ms2gWssID\ACw&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1097&bih=483

#55 ·
What difference the color he will be as an adult... he is a beautiful creature.
He looks "underfed" only because he is growing.
Each dog is unique... what color he was as a pup makes no difference.
It is his character that matters.
Love him, nourish him, dote on him... he is a magnificent creature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.