Can't believe my luck - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna View Post
That's awful I would be pissed off and as for the mother that's a poor excuse I would never intend on keeping a dog that belonged to someone else how does she justify herself there are ways around giving the puppy back and getting her male why doesn't she tell her kids the puppy had to go to the doctor and won't be home for at least a few days and then pull the old switch arooo lol that's what I would tell my kids and at the same time rectify the situation. And if the kids are older and could tell them the truth things happen in life but you do what's right and they move on and get over it. They will love the male just as they did the female.
Lol switch a roo! I'm gonna be calling you up when I need ideas to pull sneaky business on my kids one day.
USMC-k9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJaxon View Post
Sounds VERY fishy to me. You should get a free dog. I'm with the person who said they gave it to a family member or friend. I don't trust anyone in 2013.
OR someone offered to pay extra for the female. I was onboard believing it might have been a mistake until I realized it was the only female. That's just too coincidental.

Gable: Black and Red GSD: 03/02/2012 -
Suki: Russian Blue: 03/02/2013 -
Anitsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna View Post
That's awful I would be pissed off and as for the mother that's a poor excuse I would never intend on keeping a dog that belonged to someone else how does she justify herself there are ways around giving the puppy back and getting her male why doesn't she tell her kids the puppy had to go to the doctor and won't be home for at least a few days and then pull the old switch arooo lol that's what I would tell my kids and at the same time rectify the situation. And if the kids are older and could tell them the truth things happen in life but you do what's right and they move on and get over it. They will love the male just as they did the female.
Why not just tell the kids the truth? We got the wrong puppy so we are going to take extra special care of this puppy and return her to her owner because her owner is missing her. Our puppy is on the way. It's not hard to get kids involved in doing the right thing, and to get them excited about it.

It's MICHELLE, scarfish! My name is MICHELLE! Jax is my DOG!

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Sorry to hear about that... I know I wouldn't be taking as gracefully as you are We're picking up our pup in a few weeks and luckily we're driving there.

Good luck with your situation, hope it works out to where you're satisfied.
Thank you, the breeder offered me pups that are worth a lot more and come from a better gene pool so I might take him up on that. Good luck to you as we'll
Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitsisqua View Post
OR someone offered to pay extra for the female. I was onboard believing it might have been a mistake until I realized it was the only female. That's just too coincidental.
That's a good point and I thought the same thing until he started offering pups that were priced triple. He would be taking a huge hit if I take him up on that so I don't think it's the case but you never know about people now a days....
Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sounds like it was an honest mistake and he's trying to make good on it.

It's MICHELLE, scarfish! My name is MICHELLE! Jax is my DOG!

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

I would never had been as calm as you are/were. I would have thrown a fit. Went balistic and then some. It's your puppy.....

Like others said. Something doesn't sound right. If I wanted a male then got sent a female. I am sending it back and getting what I wanted. Kids or no kids. It would take a second for them to get attached to the male pup they actually wanted.....
Kaos 8/6/2003-5/18/2013 Things not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this Cant be real. Cannot stand this H*ll I feel. Emptiness is filling me. To the point of agony..RIP Your paw prints burned forever into my broken heart.
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
I would never had been as calm as you are/were. I would have thrown a fit. Went balistic and then some. It's your puppy.....

Like others said. Something doesn't sound right. If I wanted a male then got sent a female. I am sending it back and getting what I wanted. Kids or no kids. It would take a second for them to get attached to the male pup they actually wanted.....
Of course, they might have wanted a female, but there were only males available, so they had to settle for a male, but when a female showed up...BONUS!

Gable: Black and Red GSD: 03/02/2012 -
Suki: Russian Blue: 03/02/2013 -
Anitsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Why not just tell the kids the truth? We got the wrong puppy so we are going to take extra special care of this puppy and return her to her owner because her owner is missing her. Our puppy is on the way. It's not hard to get kids involved in doing the right thing, and to get them excited about it.
Yes I'm with you that honesty is best but some parents have a hard time telling their kids the truth. So I say whatever works lol I always tell my kids the truth and try not to sugar coat it b/c in life things happen and you need to know how to roll with the punches and deal.
BellaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitsisqua View Post
Of course, they might have wanted a female, but there were only males available, so they had to settle for a male, but when a female showed up...BONUS!

Could very well be. Something doesn't sound right about this to me....
Kaos 8/6/2003-5/18/2013 Things not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this Cant be real. Cannot stand this H*ll I feel. Emptiness is filling me. To the point of agony..RIP Your paw prints burned forever into my broken heart.
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.