still confused, what coat type will she be? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

She's a fuzzybutt! LOL. That's what my breeder calls em when they look like that.
Anja vom Spokane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Gee, thanks!! Lol... question is, is she going to keep the fuzzybutt or she going to shed it? And I am not even sure if the color is brown or gray maybe? It really looks brown to me, but doesn't even had that "saddle-back" look that I love so much in GS... Can anyone tell if she doesn't look purebred GSD? I would really like to know...
DD126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD126 View Post
Gee, thanks!! Lol... question is, is she going to keep the fuzzybutt or she going to shed it? And I am not even sure if the color is brown or gray maybe? It really looks brown to me, but doesn't even had that "saddle-back" look that I love so much in GS... Can anyone tell if she doesn't look purebred GSD? I would really like to know...
Did you change your name? Your puppy's color will change and she gets older. She will most likely get lighter. Gus was almost all black when I got him and hes covered in silver now. She looks pure bred to me.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
Did you change your name? Your puppy's color will change and she gets older. She will most likely get lighter. Gus was almost all black when I got him and hes covered in silver now. She looks pure bred to me.
Dear GusGus, I have to apologize to jaymas100 for using his/her thread for my post. I am new here and I still haven't figure out how to start a new thread. So, again, my apologies to jaymas100. But to answer your question, no I didn't change my name. I just signed up right before I wrote on this thread... So, I hope you were looking at my pictures posted in link #10.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

there is no doubt in my mind you have a coated puppy. Her coat is much too thick to be a stock coat and with her ear floofies she is defintiely a long coated pup. Trust me
Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper'sgrl View Post
there is no doubt in my mind you have a coated puppy. Her coat is much too thick to be a stock coat and with her ear floofies she is defintiely a long coated pup. Trust me
I've been doing some reading on coats and I've found some confusing information out there. One link I found here 4GSD - Coat Colours describes two kind of "coated" GS, one called Plush Coat (more desirable for showing), and one called Long Stock (even though it has an undercoat, it's not a desirable length), and a last one called Standard Long Coat (considered a fault). Also, it looks to me (and what do I know?? :-) that she maybe have what it's called a blanket coat? Both her parent had that Saddle look though. The dark brown color on her back goes down almost around her belly... Today she woke up and both ears were up! :-)
Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Looks purebred to me. Cute puppy.

And to the original poster, love your puppies coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD126 View Post
I am new to this forum and I can't figure out how to post a question... so I apologize for posing it on this thread. I am a first time GS owner. My puppy is going to be 17 weeks old tomorrow. I paid A LOT of money for her, and I am told that she doesn't look pure breed because her coat is chocolate and tan, no black... Also, when I got her two weeks ago, she looked really undernoorished, at only 10.4lbs, with poor muscle tone. She is now 15.7lbs. Her coat looks very fuzzy and has no shine at all. In the beginning I thought it was due to poor diet, or maybe she was going to shed this coat in exchange for a more lush one... but after the comment that about looking like a mutt... I just have to wonder... I would love to post a photo, if someone can suggest me how.
Gaberitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.