German Shepherds Forum banner

Has anyone had one of those days...

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  scnj98 
#1 ·
Where your puppy drives you crazy with EVERYTHING....Saber is giving me one of those days!!! started with knocking over his food this morning cause he is an insane puppy eater...then i let him outside again after he ate, i have my 10yr old GS and him at the door, i let the puppy out but he doesnt want to go cause the older guy isnt goin, i hate letting them out together cause puppy will get distracted, or my 10yr old will pee on his head, so im raising my voice for one of them to go out, close the door on my toes!!! Fast forward he has peed2x so far outside, comes back inside starts to jump all over my older guy, pees all over the place...

Put him in his crate leave for 2hrs come home take him outside pees and runs grabs a rock and runs away, i chase him, then he grabs a pile of grass, runs, ok finally in the house, he is blocking the door and my old GS wont come in cause puppy is blocking the door, i feel so over whelmed today and crazy, now i am cold have a blanket covering me and he is insisting on grabbing it and trying to run...im over it today...

#2 ·
Where your puppy drives you crazy with EVERYTHING....Saber is giving me one of those days!!! started with knocking over his food this morning cause he is an insane puppy eater...then i let him outside again after he ate, i have my 10yr old GS and him at the door, i let the puppy out but he doesnt want to go cause the older guy isnt goin, i hate letting them out together cause puppy will get distracted, or my 10yr old will pee on his head, so im raising my voice for one of them to go out, close the door on my toes!!! Fast forward he has peed2x so far outside, comes back inside starts to jump all over my older guy, pees all over the place...

Put him in his crate leave for 2hrs come home take him outside pees and runs grabs a rock and runs away, i chase him, then he grabs a pile of grass, runs, ok finally in the house, he is blocking the door and my old GS wont come in cause puppy is blocking the door, i feel so over whelmed today and crazy, now i am cold have a blanket covering me and he is insisting on grabbing it and trying to run...im over it today...
Oh thats a fun game I never play, I run away from my dogs so they chase me!

#4 ·
Ohh I don't know. I'm sitting here on my computer listening to the dulcet wookielike noises that Havoc makes while wrestling with Tempest on the bed behind me. In a bit I'll sweep up the toy innards and mud that they have tracked in. It's raining today so there will be plenty of lovely muck.

#6 ·
You should try to reverse your thinking. Think of mishaps as opportunities. Puppy pees on the floor - I look at it as an opportunity to clean the floor and have a cleaner house.
Puppy grabs something he/she is not support to like a rock, you could look at it as an opportunity to redo your landscaping, or if taking something inside, an opportunity to get better organized. Chasing puppy or puppy chasing you - hey you get to burn some calories and most people feel better after some exercise.

#12 ·
My rescue tried to eat my cat this morning. It was a great opportunity to remind myself that he never was my favorite cat. No...an opportunity to revisit my chiropractor....who never knew what hit me. LOl

There should be an award for the dog that goes from Snoopy to Cujo in one cat or less!

An opportunity to read more information, and increase my prayer life.

#8 ·
My 12 wk old puppy is chewing EVERYTHING in the house. I've puppy-proofed all of the obvious dangers away, so now he's going for walls, furniture, carpet, etc. It's the coldest day of the year so we can't really burn energy outside. I ran out and bought a couple new toys to help keep his interest on doggie items and not destroy my house.

Good Luck!

#9 ·
Oh its has nothing to do with organization, i have OCD so i am organized, maybe this is why he is driving me crazy, i have gotton so used to my 10yr old GS being so relaxed, then this puppy drives him crazy and me..LOL whine, whine..whine whine....i leave the room to do laundy, whine, been such a long time..LOL i know this is a phase but wow i am so over whelmmed its not funny, im used to dropping my son off at school and going out all day shopping (window) now its drop son off, go get 2mile walk in and come home...
I start back work a couple days a week tomorrow so i hope he will be fine in the crate for 7hrs hoping husband can stop home and let him out between times...ok im whinning now..LOL just having a bad day, needed to vent

#16 ·
im 3 days and one walk into this experience... My girl is super smart:) she even pulled a fast one and whined in the cage tonight but didnt go outside, she went right back into the cage, and shes finally settling, when she gets upset in the cage its whimpers vs crying bloody mary. Oh boy shes gonna be a handful but the more effort in the beginning im confident it shows in the end.

#17 ·
no never had this problem. Shasta was a perfect puppy! I was actually a little disappointed in how ridiculously easy she was. She chewed ONE shoe and even then she only killed the shoe lace on it. She potty trained really easily. She wasn't a whiner or a barker. Leash trained really easily. Nope. No problems. lol.

Riley on the other hand..... he chewed just about everything he could get his mouth on until he was almost 3.... barker, whiner, basic terror and we brought him home when he was five months old. He's a total pain in the butt even now at 8 years old. Actually he's worse now than he was as a puppy.

#18 ·
Thats what bad, Niko my 10yr old was the perfect puppy, ok he wasnt about 5mo old cause i was 5mo preg at the time and i wasnt to nap all the time and he wanted to jump around...but other then that point he was perfect, never chewed on anything, he pooed in the house once when my son was born and did it right in his room...

But Saber OMG he is killer dog, jumps on niko wrestles with him, bites his jaws, feet, tail its insane, he chews the carpet and has ALOT of toys and chewys...he is so insane...

#20 ·
I have this day almost every day. Most of the time, Grim acts like he's on crack, LOL! :crazy: He doesn't sleep (outside of his kennel), only lays down for a couple of minutes before he's up and on to the next thing. If I'm looking at mail or something on the kitchen table, big ole paws go "thud" on the table next to me and he starts rifling through things. There are toys and bones all over, but he's into anything I get into. Open a closet? You'll be pulling Grim out of it, and trying to fish whatever he grabbed out of his mouth. He pulls my clothes out of the dirty laundry hamper if I put something in. Try to put my boots on? He grabs one and takes off. Go to put your coat on? He grabs hold of it and tries to take off with it. It's no wonder I left for class without some of the stuff I meant to take!! I finally got semi-smart and I've started to crate him when I'm getting things ready to leave. However... for the rest of it... it's remove, remove, remove. :rolleyes:

#21 ·
LOL I can totally relate! We trained Hero to ring a set of sleigh bells we hang from the back door so we know when he has to go out (He used to go to the door not say or do anything then just go there). Well now that there is that fun delicious white stuff all over the ground... (snow but he thinks its cocain I think) he will ring that DAM BELL 12982351 times a day. He doesn't do it just to go out to go to the bathroom, he does it to go out cuz he wants to be outside! so smart but GRRRRRRRR that jingle....

#22 ·
Oh does anyone else's GSD turn into friggen seabiscuit and run a million miles an hour back and forth and back and forth and up the couch and off the couch kitchen, living room front door back door couch back and forth around 10pm like clock work hahahah I imagine he is spending that last little bit of gas he has before bed time hahahaha funny to watch but annoying as all helll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.