Has anyone had one of those days... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Laugh. ha ha double dose my BP meds...LOL
scnj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to zivagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
You should try to reverse your thinking. Think of mishaps as opportunities. Puppy pees on the floor - I look at it as an opportunity to clean the floor and have a cleaner house.
Puppy grabs something he/she is not support to like a rock, you could look at it as an opportunity to redo your landscaping, or if taking something inside, an opportunity to get better organized. Chasing puppy or puppy chasing you - hey you get to burn some calories and most people feel better after some exercise.
My rescue tried to eat my cat this morning. It was a great opportunity to remind myself that he never was my favorite cat. No...an opportunity to revisit my chiropractor....who never knew what hit me. LOl

There should be an award for the dog that goes from Snoopy to Cujo in one cat or less!

An opportunity to read more information, and increase my prayer life.
zivagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've been having one of those days for the past two day.....and the dog wasn't even involved. LOL! HELP!!
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Get some good Irish whiskey
Jack9211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack9211 View Post
Get some good Irish whiskey
....and add a well rested GSD puppy
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

im 3 days and one walk into this experience... My girl is super smart she even pulled a fast one and whined in the cage tonight but didnt go outside, she went right back into the cage, and shes finally settling, when she gets upset in the cage its whimpers vs crying bloody mary. Oh boy shes gonna be a handful but the more effort in the beginning im confident it shows in the end.
volcano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

no never had this problem. Shasta was a perfect puppy! I was actually a little disappointed in how ridiculously easy she was. She chewed ONE shoe and even then she only killed the shoe lace on it. She potty trained really easily. She wasn't a whiner or a barker. Leash trained really easily. Nope. No problems. lol.

Riley on the other hand..... he chewed just about everything he could get his mouth on until he was almost 3.... barker, whiner, basic terror and we brought him home when he was five months old. He's a total pain in the butt even now at 8 years old. Actually he's worse now than he was as a puppy.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Thats what bad, Niko my 10yr old was the perfect puppy, ok he wasnt about 5mo old cause i was 5mo preg at the time and i wasnt to nap all the time and he wanted to jump around...but other then that point he was perfect, never chewed on anything, he pooed in the house once when my son was born and did it right in his room...

But Saber OMG he is killer dog, jumps on niko wrestles with him, bites his jaws, feet, tail its insane, he chews the carpet and has ALOT of toys and chewys...he is so insane...
scnj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
Oh thats a fun game I never play, I run away from my dogs so they chase me!
This!!

Never chase them, that is WAY too much fun for them!
blackshep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

I have this day almost every day. Most of the time, Grim acts like he's on crack, LOL! He doesn't sleep (outside of his kennel), only lays down for a couple of minutes before he's up and on to the next thing. If I'm looking at mail or something on the kitchen table, big ole paws go "thud" on the table next to me and he starts rifling through things. There are toys and bones all over, but he's into anything I get into. Open a closet? You'll be pulling Grim out of it, and trying to fish whatever he grabbed out of his mouth. He pulls my clothes out of the dirty laundry hamper if I put something in. Try to put my boots on? He grabs one and takes off. Go to put your coat on? He grabs hold of it and tries to take off with it. It's no wonder I left for class without some of the stuff I meant to take!! I finally got semi-smart and I've started to crate him when I'm getting things ready to leave. However... for the rest of it... it's remove, remove, remove.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.