German Shepherds Forum banner

Grim is changing, class was HORRIBLE!!

6K views 76 replies 30 participants last post by  Carriesue 
#1 ·
The other day at Petsmart when Grim was barking and vocalizing the entire time, I had no idea what was up with him. I thought at the end that it was him needing to go poo because he'd had diarrhea. Well, not so! We missed class last week (which would have been the first time he was there), so today was his first arrival there. Well, he started all the barking and vocalizing as soon as we got out of the van. I tried to walk him around and get some energy out and have him go potty before we went in. He was being so obnoxious that the trainer (who was shoveling snow out front) said if he didn't stop when he came inside, we'd have to 'figure something out'. Well, he didn't stop. He wanted to meet all the dogs and people... which never happened. Some acted afraid of him, or like he'd hurt their dogs. :( He was staring at some of them, but not in a mean way. He never met a dog he didn't like! The trainer asked what I did for correction for the barking. I said nothing, because this was all new. We spent the whole class away from everyone else, with him blocked behind a plastic curtain most of the time.

He didn't pay attention to me at all. He wasn't focused at all. Heck, when it was his turn to come to me when called across the room, he didn't even acknowledge that I was over there calling him almost every time! :eek: I had his favorite thing (cheese) and that didn't work. The trainer gave me a piece of hot dog which worked a little better. I also had a lick stick that I just bought that he loves. It didn't matter. He looked at me a few times, but not enough. He was totally tuning me out 90% of the time. Now I've had him out to Petsmart, etc. for months and months. I've made him sit, etc. when we're there, too. He was SO amped up... and no other dog there was acting like this! :crazy: I spent most of the time 'hushing' him. I think that if he'd been allowed to greet the other dogs, he'd have done better. However, he can't always have what he wants.

The very worst thing, though, was when I was putting on my coat and hat, etc. to leave. An older woman came in for the next class with a female shepherd. Grim was watching her... but not doing a thing. The instructor said "don't let him stare like that".... and the old woman said "Yes, he's giving her the evil eye." THAT made me mad!! He doesn't have an 'evil eye'. He's freaking 6 months old and loves every dog and person he sees!!!! :mad: I had to get him to potty before we left, and I kept wanting to go back in and tell the old lady that I was offended by her comment. I didn't, but it was all I could do to not say anything. How can you make a judgement like that about a dog you don't know?? He's a PUPPY!!!! Of course he's going to watch other dogs!

I guess I'll be getting up REALLY early next week to take him on a very long walk before we drive up there. The only thing is, he'll have two hours to sleep on the way there and will probably be full of energy again when we get there. I tried to get there a half hour early today to walk some of it off, but the weather turned really crappy and I lost most of my extra time. He's so very high drive and energy that it takes a lot to burn it off. It's not something that can be done fast. I know he may look intimidating, but he's just a baby. He wasn't trying to 'stare down' any dog. He just wanted to play. Should I really be correcting him every time he looks at another dog? Somehow I've got to figure out how to get his attention around other dogs. This is new... all the barking and vocalizing. He's also never blown me off this bad. First day of class with him there.... and I already feel like I've failed as his handler. I don't understand this sudden change in him. I swear, he's not being aggressive. I don't know why he's barking, whining, and nearly howling all the time now when we're out of the house and around other people. :( :confused:

See less See more
#33 ·
Originally Posted by MadLab
. I like these barky dogs as they are usually very confident. I wouldn't try to stop it but I'd rather try to control it.

llombardo said...The quiet ones are the confident ones and the barky ones need to build up there confidence.
I think a good dog for training likes to bark, likes to search/explore, likes to bite and has lots of energy.

I have found the more dominant/confident dogs like to bark. That's my experience. I'm sure dogs bark for other reasons like insecurity sometimes. It's hard to generalise about dogs as they are all so different.

#40 ·
Barking while training in a sport or when working is completely different then going to the pet store or the park or even at home.

#34 ·
Barking is leaking....they need to get out that energy, and it goes into whining or barking. I have to correct it. Every time I give a command it is with the word quiet...sitquiet platzquiet fussquiet helperstepbackquiet. This is only during protection, Karlo leaks and barks. But he does know after one or two corrections that quiet gets the reward.
During other times he's fine.

#35 ·
I had the same issue with Schatzi in her puppy class. After 2 classes we dropped out and I bought the Michael Ellis DVDs and a few books. I did my homework, watch YouTube videos, and hired a trainer to come over once a month. I trained Schatzi at home, walks, parks, and anywhere we went. I think the last place you want to train a GSD is at Petco.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#36 ·
I had the same issue with Schatzi in her puppy class. After 2 classes we dropped out and I bought the Michael Ellis DVDs and a few books. I did my homework, watch YouTube videos, and hired a trainer to come over once a month. I trained Schatzi at home, walks, parks, and anywhere we went. I think the last place you want to train a GSD is at Petco.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
He stated petco was a different incident, they train at another facility.

#37 ·
Get this dog into IPO. These problems will go away pretty quick. It is my opinion that higher drive dogs need to be worked in disciplines that properly satisfy their drive levels. Additionally, the training directors are used to hard dogs and will give you guidance on how to correct / redirect him appropriate for his level. I actually like to see really mouthy young dogs that hit the field with a vengance.

#38 ·
Completely agree, but the weather right now isn't the best for training w/ the IPO club. And some obedience classes just don't 'get' this type of dog!

#39 ·
Courtney- I don't think she was giving up on him. I think she just wanted me to get control of his mouth. Maybe she was seeing how I'd do that. I told her about him before he went to the class. I don't think she's a bad trainer at all. I've already been able to teach him things that I wondered "how do people get their dogs to do that?" It's just that he totally went nuts in there. I usually walk him to wear him out before I try to do obedience with him. Had it not started snowing like crazy on the way, I'd have had time to do that. He had too much kennel time on the way....so he was totally "re-fueled" by the time we got there. The older he gets, I notice him being more obnoxious when he's bored or has too much energy. He's used to playing with the pug. I almost wish I could separate them.

#42 ·
One other thing, I did'nt see on here is, when you go to class, try and stay calm because your dog knows you are stressed and that makes it worse. Alot of times our dogs will do things in class that make us feel bad but keep training and it will get better. Don't let what other people say in class bother you because nobodys dog is perfect. I think the trainer had you stressed before you even got in the door.Sounds like your dog is just trying to demand he go play with the other dogs.

#43 ·
I am no expert or even close but I can tell you that staring at other dogs in class did not work out well for me and Stella. It started when she was young...just wanting to play and just general excitement. And the barking and jumping too. Now at 19 months she has mastered "the stare" and other dogs do not like it at all. She no longer has the "puppy pass" that she had when she was younger. People are not too fond of a barking, lunging GSD either. I did do a lot of focus stuff with her when she was younger but apparently not enough. I thought the best thing for her was to be able to meet and greet other dogs. I would do it differently if I could redo things.

#44 ·
My point was that at 6 months old Grim is definitely maturing. He might still be a puppy in his brain, but he looks like a full grown dog. My boy matured a little later, about 8 months, and I thought he was the sweetest dog ever until that point. I also thought that he could do no wrong and all he wanted to do was play...but there would be eye contact, and extended eye contact caused other dogs to react to him, which then caused him to react to them, and the one thing you have to realize is that the GSD is always going to be the aggressor to other people watching (I'm talking dog parks).

I wasn't saying that Grim has any issues...but you definitely need to start looking at him differently. Don't allow him to show you one day that he's a big boy and he can take things into his own hands. It's not fun to be peeling your dog off of another one. And if you keep thinking that his stare downs are always for play...you'll never realize until its too late that its not for play. My boy has always been the "sneaky" dominator. He didn't out right start fights, but he'd do the staring and the putting his chin on other dog's backs. He'd herd with his butt and do all the little things to tell a dog he's the boss...without starting a fight. But once in a while that dog would start a fight...and guess who wouldn't back down from one of those. It's never fun, so I suggest you start learning to control some of those dog language things that we don't quite understand.

#45 ·
I read a half a dozen posts on here and have to comment. (then, time permitting I will read the rest)

YOUR DOG IS A PUPPY!

You are doing fine. It is embarrassing, but your dog is going through a phase. What you need to dog is continue with patience and consistency and maybe back up a few steps, and plow on.

Yes, this was his first time at this class and he was very, very distracted. It happens. Lots of six month old pups are butt-heads at times.

One more thing though, puppy classes dogs are generally permitted to get up close and personal -- greet everyone. Puppy classes are for 10-12 week puppies and go for 6-8 weeks. Your pup is beyond the beginning puppy class. After that class, dog interaction is generally frowned upon or totally not allowed. Even in basic obedience classes, the dog owners are coming from different viewpoints. Some want a well-behaved pet they can take on walks, some want a dog that will go to doggy day care or dog parks, and some want a dog that will go to shows and compete. Most classes are geared toward the show people, because they are the people that keep coming back.

And though the class is fine for all the types of people, how the individuals feel about letting their dogs interact will differ. Show people do not want their dogs to make doggy-friends in dog school. That is not what they are there for, and they certainly do not want their dog thinking it is play time when they are at shows.

So the expectation that the dog should be able to greet everyone is maybe not realistic.

Do not give commands more than once. Tell your dog firmly to come, and if he does not, use the leash to give him a tug to get his attention on you. If you give him a command more than once, then he will learn to tune you out. Tell him to SIT and if he doesn't help him get into the position. Tell him to COME and show him the treat, if he does not use the leash. The next time don't go so far away. You should not be across the room at this point. You should start in close so he has less distractions between you and himself. Do not use this command at this point if he is not connected by a lead.

Tell him what you want.
Give him the opportunity to comply.
Help him comply.
Praise.

#46 ·
Thanks, Selzer! I didn't know that they wouldn't be allowed to 'greet' (I've never taken a dog to classes before) so part of that was my fault. I actually did put him in a sit a few times when he was ignoring me... he just didn't stay there. The 'come' from across the training area was part of an exercise. Of course, at home he did it fine. We started with his leash on at a couple feet and he came right away. Then the instructor took each dog (in turns) to the other end of the gated area and we were to go to the other side and call them. We were the last ones to do this, and he was the only dog to not come flying when called. :cry: It honestly looked like I'd never, ever worked with him. :rolleyes:

We're going to have to make a trip to the store for steak, and I'm going to be taking him out with the goal of him only paying attention to me. Up until now, he was glued to me. I guess he found out that he can do it all on his own and cutting the cord is fun?

#48 ·
He sounds, as others have said, to be a typical, boisterous, confident male shepherd pup. I would never expect a 6 month old, relatively untrained dog to come to it's owner the first day of its first class. I imagine as he started acting out of character you got frustrated, worried and concerned what others were thinking. Not to mention you had just driven 2 hours in the snow, your pup didn't get a walk, it's your fault, what is wrong with my puppy and so on. So you were also acting out of character, which probably made him worse.
Relax next time. If he acts bad he acts bad, just deal with it each time. Do everything you've said so far - get him steak, work on engagement with you, practise in new environments.
Do not expect him to visit with the other dogs - that is not what he is there to do, he is there to learn. Most training groups/clubs/classes do not allow the dogs to visit during class - whether their friendly or not. And I would get on the staring thing. It generally is a challenge, and will lead to being a challenge, and other dogs don't like it and take it as a challenge.
I think you know what you're doing and starting to see whats going on. Be patient with your pup and work through it. Just think, he has always been able to visit other dogs when near them, and all of a sudden he is in a room full of other dogs and can't visit. Of course he threw a hissy fit, he sounds like my Eli who is a spoiled rotten brat lol. A few weeks from now he will be much better I'm sure, once the excitement of the class wears off :)

#49 · (Edited)
Ya know, there are a couple of people in classes who have their dogs 100% trained before they ever show up on the first day. They are there simply to grumble at the rest of us who have the audacity to own a young dog that is not perfect. Occasionally their dogs do stupid shtuff too. And it is really fun to watch when it happens, because they really can't take it, not at all.

The rest of us are there because we or our dogs or both NEED classes.

I can teach my dogs the basics at home, but I don't. I am bad, I need to actually have that class to force me to do what I should at least during the class time. Even so, most of the time, my dogs act pretty good. Occasionally, there is some dog who acts way worse than mine, and it makes me feel better about my dogs for a couple of seconds. Once in a great while there is one that is actually dangerous to me or my dogs. But instead of sneering at the owners with disgust or incredulity, I make sure my dog is safe, but give that owner credit for getting out there and working with the dog. They have my respect because they are on a tough road and are doing their best.

Some of the people will see your dog being a butthead, distracted, barking his heads off, and they will smile a little. Don't think they are thinking: "boy am I glad MY dog isn't doing that." Think they are thinking: "I remember when Pukie was acting just like that." Probably, most of the time that is true.

Training classes are not for perfect dogs and perfect handlers. They are for works in progress.

The dog world has its share of snobby people. But it also has a lot of good people. I sometimes go through basic a couple of times with a dog. If I don't think they are walking well enough on lead, then I will go through again with them. If there is nothing else available or I have two dogs that need training and can put two in classes on a given night and save gas, I will. Some of those dogs were probably repeat customers in the class. If you still feel like a sore thumb after four or five weeks, you might want to finish out the session and find another place to train.

#50 ·
Yes, OK. Today I had to officially recognize that Grim is being a butthead. I was going through our 'class work' and did what the instructor wanted me to do at home. This was putting on his leash and leading him around the house (which isn't far, let me tell you!) with food in hand to get him to pick his head up off the floor when on lead. (He's been nose to the ground since day 1) Well... he barked at me a few times because he wanted to go out. It's colder than heck out today, and I wasn't taking him out for a walk in that. Besides, the exercise was to do this INSIDE to just get him used to not walking like that. Then he actually broke skin biting for the meat in my hand. Was jumping on me as we were walking. If not for the fact that it's a narrow path, he'd have knocked me down. When we worked on the other things, he again started barking at me... vocalizing, etc. I ignored him the first time, then started with the 'hush' again. He ignored that (or he really doesn't know what it means yet). So glad that we weren't in public again for that display. Yes, Grim found his bark. :crazy: I do believe it's "leaking" as he was really excited. He wouldn't tug with a rope or the ball on a rope. However, he LOVES socks. So we started with that, and I praised him to death for tugging on that. I got him a two handle tug before I got him, but it's in a box somewhere in the garage along with most of my stuff. :rolleyes:

Yes, you're right... I was mortified at his behavior and wondering how to fix it and if he would stop through the whole class. I'm sure he felt my tension. I am not usually tense when working with him. I love to work with him. However, I felt uneasy going to the class anyway (not the best with people I don't know) and the bad weather (almost wrecked before I got there)... I was stressed already. Also excited about the class, though. It's a good training facility. I want to have "that dog" that looks at you when you're working it or walking... that is quick to sit and down...somehow I've got to get all that energy that he's blowing off in every direction focused into what we're doing. Maybe he's too young, yet. I don't know. If he doesn't get us tossed out, I'd like to do more classes with him. This is an IPO prep type class (for us anyway, and the instructor knows that) so I've got to get his head on straight. :cry:

#51 ·
Goodness, this sounds just like Puppy when she was young. She would break skin with frustration too. In classes, she would either be too worked up to settle during instruction, or would bark/whine very loudly.

What worked for me is going to class 30-40 minutes early, making sure I had lots of time so I didn't seem rushed. Find another place in the building that is enclosed but can still hear some commotions from class, and stay there with her for the 30 minutes so she can settle down and contain the emotions that were worked up during out 30 minute walk over.

I have next to 0 experience with dogs though, so just sharing.

#52 ·
i had this with 2 pups i was raising at different times. each one got super bored at training classes for puppy and basic obedience.. barking, acting a fool, not listening, etc.. all the things your Grim is doing.. i was MORTIFIED at classes ... felt sooo embarrassed.. my trainer figured out the dogs in question were bored, once they learned the command they were done and wanting to move on. the more i stayed in the class the more the pups each acted out... so the trainer suggested we up to the next level and also start teaching some service commands (more mental exercise and upping the training) so that the pups couldnt get bored fast as we were learning twice as much in class and doing more mental exercise... some dogs are just so smart that once they get a command they are done, move on and hit the next level.. some dogs dont mind taking the slower classes... they are more lets hang and chill types... sounds like Grim is a lets get up an go type of pup, and between hitting that magical butthead stage at 6 months and being super smart he might be bored at puppy classes. normally puppy classes are for 2 months to 4 months, then 4 months is basic obedience.. depending on the trainers..my one dog was only in puppy classes for one month of training, then we did basic obedience at 4 months old then went to more mind training ,then next level then therapy training , agility then therapy again (a year and a half nonstop 3 nights a week lol)... he got super bored super fast- once he learned a command he was done, move on to the next one... maybe grim needs a higher level of training and no more puppy classes.... one of my dogs i actually stopped doing classes for a few months and we just did nothing but playing (sit for ball, down for stick etc still obedience training but not regimented and more fun like to break things up) once i did that an gave obedience classes a break for a fewmonths when we went back to class her attention was even better then before..

if his nose is always in the ground try tracking for now, its mental and physical exercise an might be a better outlet for his energy... dogs that normally excel at tracking are the ones that always have their noses buried in the ground....

#53 ·
The tracking book I ordered should be here by Friday. He's not in puppy kindergarten, we skipped that one. He's in a foundation class. I'd give him that he was bored, but he doesn't know it all yet. I waited on training him on anything but 'sit' and 'down' because I didn't want to mess him up for IPO. I've always thought he'd like tracking because he's always done every walk without looking up, BUT again I didn't want to mess it up for IPO. I've never taught a dog tracking. Since I read it's easier to 'catch a dog up' than to undo bad or incorrect training... we waited. The move made the wait longer, but I really do like where he's going. The class isn't too slow moving. It was a busy time with minimal "sit and listen" time. I was watching this guy in the class who's a helper in training at the club I am going to go to. How his dog was acting is what I want out of Grim. Quick to react, always looking at the handler, eager to do, etc. I don't know the ages of the other dogs, but I do believe Grim may be on the younger side. He seems to 'get' everything VERY quickly, but it means nothing if he can't do it outside of the house. It was clear in about ten seconds that my boy was miles away from the other dogs in terms of being able to focus on me, or caring what I wanted him to do. I didn't see that at home... but at home there's nothing more interesting going on at the time. We have work to do. It's not the instructor's problem at all. She gave me tips of things to work on. I'm actually thinking about doing some private instruction with her on the side to try to get him past this if the other stuff doesn't help.

#54 ·
and what will you do if he just doesnt want to do IPO? sometimes, we see goals for our dogs and ourselves in one venue, and we try for that, but its always possible the calling for the dog isnt what we had in mind in the first place... just to keep in mind, its possible that IPO is not Grims calling, and maybe he would excel in something else.... i wanted my one dog to do fantastic at agility,i had all sorts of dreams of competing etc... we took agility classes twice a week, i practiced with her and practiced , at home , in the park, at class,..... one day a friend of mine was with me and her and while i was talking about our agility classes she asked if she could see us in action.. i was able to rent the local training facility (anyone can rent it there are 3 agility rings, one inside, 2 outside and you have access to sheep too for herding) and while we were at the facility doing our agility my friend when we were done said to me, maybe you should think about something else, she doesnt show the enthusiasm for the equipment , she is doing it for you, but she isnt showing that spark... it took a neutral person to open my eyes that my dog didnt like it,she was just doing it for me.... we did it a few more times to finish out the class, then we stopped .. even the trainer at the end said she wasnt having a good time, and for agility dogs having a good time was the key to them loving agility.. so we dabbled until we found what she loved to do... then that she did with gusto ....

all i am saying after rambling is maybe Grim might not want to be an IPO dog, maybe his future with you is doing some other type of sport...

#55 ·
are you going to a place in MI? Or more local? Maybe the guy(helper in training) can give you some tips as well as the instructor.

#56 ·
How come you're not training with the IPO helper/instructor at this point? I don't do Schutzhund, I'm getting a pup from some club members that do, and their dogs are definitely what you've described that you want. They start working extremely early with their dogs (they just had a litter and have a 13 week old) and that dog has amazing focus and starting obedience.

For someone with that goal in mind (I personally don't want/need that) you should be working with people that know how to get that out of their dogs. I'm not sure why you've started so late, but you have so I wouldn't expect that kind of obedience at this point. You'll probably be quite behind some of those dogs until the light bulb finally goes off in Grim and you also start working him the way Schutzhund people work their dogs.

By the way...the goals you have are awesome. I love watching that kind of focus and obedience, I just don't have the want to get it out of my own dog. But from training a dog for the first time for any kind of trialing, I can tell you that until you fully commit and start working with the people that will help you get there, your dog won't get to the level you want.

#57 · (Edited)
I'm going to Northfield in Michigan. You know, yesterday I was sure that Grim was just dying to meet/play with the other dogs without malice. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe he was trying to start something, or at least let the other dogs know that he was the king. I'm used to him strutting around like he walks on water, but maybe now he's trying to let other dogs know it. It seems like overnight someone took my puppy and exchanged him for another puppy. I've never seen such a dramatic, sudden change in a dog. He's being to lippy and pushy towards me, even. He still does what I want him to do, but LOUDLY. :rolleyes: Honestly, I've never had a dog stare down another one except in play... so with me being preoccupied with trying to get him to be quiet and pay attention to me I may have missed bad intentions on his part. He was quick to correct the dog that barked at another one. :eek:

The person in charge of the SchH club I plan to go to recommended this class in particular. To put a foundation for IPO on him. They can't train a total blank slate at the club, I think it would be detrimental time wise. He's late because I couldn't find a decent trainer where I was at, then we moved, then the holidays...so here we are. Prior to Grim turning into a maniac, I could get him to sit and down in the middle of Petsmart or on walks or where ever. He walked past dogs all the time without giving them the time of day. I'd stop for a meet a lot of times to make sure he was still OK with other dogs. He was always fine, but not overly interested. Like I said, this past weekend was the first time I'd seen him act this way. I've always trained my own dogs in the past, but I never had the goal of doing IPO, so how and when I trained them wasn't such a big deal.

#59 ·
The person in charge of the SchH club I plan to go to recommended this class in particular. To put a foundation for IPO on him. They can't train a total blank slate at the club, I think it would be detrimental time wise.
That's so ridiculous...sorry but it would take them 20 minutes to show you the type of obedience you should be working on with him at this age (and even earlier). I've incorporated a lot of "Schutzhund style" obedience into my obedience training and it takes 5 seconds for those people to give me a hint at how to train what it is I want...be it a solid go out, fast recall, perfect front. I wouldn't expect them to work with you for hours...no dog can take hours of obedience...but they should be able to teach you how they train their dogs from day one.

Like I've stated...the people that I know that do it...started with their puppy before she was even 8 weeks old. At 8 weeks old her littermates went to their homes and they really dove into training. They're already doing prey work, and a lot of obedience...all things that I plan on doing with my next dog...I also only started "hardcore" obedience at 6 months with my current dog and I can definitely see how it has set him back time wise.

I'm not trying to bad mouth the trainer or the club...just seems completely opposite of what I've seen from competitive obedience people in every venue. People that want to get UDX start at 8 weeks, people that want to do agility start at 8 weeks, people that do herding get their dogs out there at 8 weeks...its just weird that this club doesn't think they can help you at this point in your and Grim's training.

#58 ·
How hungry was he when you went to class? I would use a very high value food, have him a bit hungry and also have a ball on a rope or a tug to help him learn to engage you and stop thinking about everything else.

I would be working on focus in many different locations and under a lot of distractions.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and you can meet with the club.

#60 ·
Hi, Lisa! :) I'd have thought he was hungry, as he didn't eat at all before the class. We're going to start taking many, many trips to different places. He has such a love for cheese that I thought that would be the ticket. It wasn't. I got this meat lick stick that he loves, but that didn't hold under distraction, either. I'm going with steak pieces next week. The hot dog piece Adele gave me worked better than the cheese, but he was still distracted. I'm just glad he wasn't trying to take off after the other dogs, even when off lead. He just stood next to her for a few seconds... like "Hi, mom.. why are you over there? I'll just hang with this cool lady, OK?" :rolleyes:

#62 ·
started with their puppy before she was even 8 weeks old. At 8 weeks old her littermates went to their homes and they really dove into training. They're already doing prey work, and a lot of obedience...all things that I plan on doing with my next dog...I also only started "hardcore" obedience at 6 months with my current dog and I can definitely see how it has set him back time wise.
Adele is one of the best instructors in the area. I would imagine that Jag and you will do fine....this weather isn't conducive to get with an IPO club right now, so hit and miss with the snow/storms.
You are in a good place to begin your journey. Not like you're set on trialing for his B as soon as he's of age...there is no rush!

#63 ·
Nope, I'm not in any rush! It's more about the journey with him for me. I like Adele. She's no non-sense from what I can tell. Like I said previously, she's already shown me (and I've shown Grim successfully) how to do things that I didn't know how to teach. If she wasn't a good trainer, I don't think she'd have caught the 'stare' on the way out. I certainly didn't, and I live and breathe Grim. I look forward to going to the class with him. I don't get out of the house too much anymore where I'm interacting with anyone. The person from the club that was there also gave me a couple of suggestions watching me work with Grim. He's really nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.