German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   My Experience with First GSD Pup, Nico (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/199506-my-experience-first-gsd-pup-nico.html)

deadLOCC3D 01-07-2013 07:52 PM

My Experience with First GSD Pup, Nico

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I just wanted to share my story about my gsd puppy. My dad has a friend who has GSD's. They had puppies and my dad wanted one to protect his home. Old school Asian people don't know the general rule of keeping the pups with the mom for 6-8wks, so my dad picked him up at 3 wks. If we didn't take him (Nico), someone else would have. I love animals so I wanted to at least give him a fighting chance so I took him home to my house for a week before i dropped him off at my parent's for my month long vacation in Thailand.

When i came back, i found out that he has been kept in the back yard with little to no socialization with any other animals or humans. My 4 lb Pomeranian was kept inside under my mom's care. I couldn't bare thinking about how he would grow up if he continued that way, so decided to take him back home with me.

He has been great. Had potty accidents, etc but I don't know of any puppies at hasn't had accidents before. I play with him every day after work. At 9 weeks, 2 weeks after he moved back in with me, he knew sit, down, stay, paw, roll, spin and bang bang. He is such smart pup. At 12 weeks he knows all those commands without hand gestures and I have begun obedience training with him. He is great at heeling, staying until i tell him it's ok to eat, staying when theres a big piece of bone in front of him, etc. He and my 4 lb pomeranian are best friends and play with each other every day, although he's a bit rough with her.

My only problem now is that he bites so much when he's energetic. I know this is a common thing with GSDs, but dang I wish he would hurry up and grow out of it.

Anyways, I am now a proud owner of a very smart 12 week old GSD puppy named Nico. Here is a pic of him looking at the camera, very photogenic :)

Attachment 26132

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

JakodaCD OA 01-07-2013 08:09 PM

he is VERY cute! congrats on your new puppy , he's probably happy to have a good home with you to:)

gmcwife1 01-08-2013 08:49 PM

What a lucky little guy to have you :) He is adorable!

We have an 11 month old and yes, he will outgrow his biting!

GusGus 01-08-2013 08:55 PM

Look at that face! I want to kiss it.

Loneforce 01-08-2013 10:10 PM

You did a great thing by rescuing Nico. He is handsome!

deadLOCC3D 01-12-2013 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys. He really is a blessing to me and my wife. This is Nico when I tell him to wait for his food. He can go for over a minute without touching it :)

Attachment 27490

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

ankittanna87 01-13-2013 12:19 AM

That's a very handsome boy u have there! I'm sure he'll be very happy with his new master! Cherish every moment