German Shepherds Forum banner

Her First Compliment

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MichaelE 
#1 ·
Lisl and I were out for a long walk this afternoon and after turning the corner and walking a little ways further, a big Hummer stopped right in the middle of the traffic lane.

She asked me if she was a German Shepherd puppy and that she was "beautiful". I told her yes, WG and CH working lines.

The buttons were about to pop off my jacket. :D

See less See more
#9 ·
I bought her from a breeder in Collinsville, IL that breeds for police work, S&R, drug interdiction, etc. I was put in touch with him through my neighbor who is a local police officer and has one of his dogs that works with him.

I didn't have any line information on Lisl when I bought her, except that she is from WG & CZ lines. I just wrote to him and he said he will send me the information.

I will post back when I receive the info.

#7 ·
Get used to it!! I took my pup to Balboa park the week before Christmas and literally got stopped like 7 or 8 times... All wanting to pet, ask what breed, how old, name...etc. In fact if I had a dime for every time I got asked how old I'd be a rich woman, lol! And once while on a trail we got stopped by this mom and her two young daughters, must have spent 20 minutes with them and they even took pictures of my dog LOL.

I also have a long coat and they seem to warrant just a little extra attention and wow your pup is so completely adorable and poofy... Mine just hit 4 months and has lost most of his poof. :cry:

#8 ·
Cute!

There is somebody who posted here about what happened to him, and I was worried for you, for a second. Same thing happened to him, but the guy got out of the truck, sucker punched the owner and tried to steal the dog! I'm glad that didn't happy to you, but watch out.

#10 ·
He's a danger to traffic....people will be distracted and rear end each other! You better stick to the trails with this one!

#14 ·
Thank you! She walks on lead almost perfectly for the last several days now. I really hope she doesn't scare anyone, but I know how non-dog people are, and how even some dog people are frightened of a German Shepherd Dog, Doberman, Rottweiler, etc. That seems to be mostly the 'lap dog' crowd.
They just aren't used to seeing an animal this large.

Seems their unfounded reputation precedes them from too many TV shows and movies making them out to all be 'killer' police and military dogs.

Lisl has shown no fear towards strangers, but she doesn't show any signs of aggresiveness toward unknown people either. She seems very sure of herself and confident. None of my other German Shepherd Dogs acted quite like this. They were either sort of bashful, but warming up to you eventually, or they were extremely wary of you, like Ossie was, but he'd like you anyway if you gave him a chance.

When the woman in the Hummer stopped me today, Lisl sat down at my left side and just looked at the woman talking to me from two lanes over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.