Oh the biting - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yup start teaching no and redirect. They will grow out of it, eventually. We all go threw it, just be patient Mine cut back on biting at around 3 1/2 month's, but I didn't notice her not biting/nipping me for a whole day til about 4-4 1/2 months. But every puppy is diffrent. Hang in there, it will get better!

Dixie-Born 06-04-12
DixieGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks- it's good to know he can overcome this- my legs/feet/arms and hands are all targets. I have started teaching him "off" so hopefully he will get it.
LauraJav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm not sure how old your pup is and of course they are all different but like others have said, it's very normal. In fact, it's totally to be expected. My little one is 3.5 months now and after having quite a few weeks of non-stop biting and redirecting, we're at a happy stage now where it's only once or twice a day. Just persevere and it WILL get better I promise you
deano76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default 10 month starting to bite again

Hello, we had the same problem... It seemed to have drifted away with persistence but we now have a problem where our puppy is now jumping up and biting. It seems to be with my girlfriend during walks and in the house but not as much in the house. Problem is now my girlfriend is having a hard time with it because he is almost 100 lbs of 10 months old puppy that is very strong and is scared to take him for walks!! he almost has crazy look in his eyes! he does not do it with me? Is this the dog trying to dominate my girlfriend or is this a female scent thing??
Levon2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

He bit me on the stomach and got my daughter's face! Ugh!!
I played fetch with him for a while and took him for a walk and he still attacks!
I put him in his cage to make dinner and he peed all over and splashed it everywhere!
Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better
LauraJav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.