fast potty training? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Link followed me around since day 1. I don't think it's being attached rather than being nervous and looking to someone for cues as what to do and how to act (IMO). I believe this process helps you two to grow closer. Link learned his pee spot in 4 days (without fail as long as he was in the same room) and made a few accidents in other rooms which I always caught and corrected with a "No!" And moving him to his spot. Potty training was a big deal to me but for how easily he got that; I wish I had taken that young 'watching for cues 24/7' phase to split my teaching to other household manners.

One thing that you'll find is difficult to get a handle on is that when their that small, every day is like you have a different dog! Their colours change, their size, their attitude, their ability and even the things they know! Some dogs will forget a trick for a week and suddenly be able to do it again. Things he doesn't have a problem with now, he will later. So remember to encourage all good behaviors even if you don't think he'll stop doing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
MattLink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

I know its ridiculous but my girl is learning well after a day/and shes 7 weeks. She even rang the bell to go out once, but usually whines toward the door. She got to crouching to pee today and I said no and scooped her but those were not good reps. The good reps are when I time it after her eating or waking from a nap and take her outside to her spot. Im not gonna train her to potty in the house.
volcano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

They are crazy smart! Mine was totally potty trainined by 7 weeks. Alot of thing's I had to tell her no once and she didn't do it again, like play in the blinds she learned in a day that, that wasn't acceptiable and will not mess with them now. Or trying to "play" with plant's, told her no a few time's and she will not touch them. They are really impressive dog's

Dixie-Born 06-04-12
DixieGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

They are incredibly smart! My 10 week old loves to train, and is always wanting to learn new things from me, it doesn't take me long to teach her something before she catches on. She has been potty trained since the first 4 days I had her, she has made a few accidents but I was the one to blame for them as I didnt get her out in time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.