German Shepherds Forum banner

Ollie goes to Balboa park(pictures!)

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  triangulum 
#1 ·
Ollie turned four months old today!

My husband has been working 12+ hours days for about a week including through the weekend because of a deadline but his boss gave him the day off today so we decided to take Ollie out for some sun, fun and socialization. :D Balboa is the largest park in this country, even bigger then Central Park... It has the San Diego Zoo, loads of museums, botanical gardens, nature trails and a few big dog parks. I'd highly recommend visiting if you're ever in the San Diego area!

He did SO well and met loads of people including several small children which he adored and was so gentle with. His temperament has been absolutely phenomenal so far, he's not landsharky at all and didn't jump all over or nip at the kids... He's amazing. :) Even when we sat down for lunch, he just plopped down and people watched, I'm just stunned by how mellow he is for his age.

Pictures!

Fountain by the science center, we had lunch here

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:01:46) by snowypony, on Flickr

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:02:07) by snowypony, on Flickr

Ollie is completely unimpressed

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:09:09) by snowypony, on Flickr

Being a good boy

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:18:05) by snowypony, on Flickr

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:19:57) by snowypony, on Flickr

He loves kids!

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:22:16) by snowypony, on Flickr

Beautiful boy but wish those ears would go up lol

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:25:39) by snowypony, on Flickr

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:29:34) by snowypony, on Flickr

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:29:49) by snowypony, on Flickr

I cannot for the life of me get him to look at the camera

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:38:53) by snowypony, on Flickr

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:28:23) by snowypony, on Flickr

Untitled (2012-12-19 22:42:45) by snowypony, on Flickr

Totally passed out in my lap on the way home, mission accomplished! :D

Untitled (2012-12-19 23:43:41) by snowypony, on Flickr

See less See more
#2 ·
Gorgeous pics!! Ollie is getting big! Sounds like you guys had a great day out. :) Hate to say it, but you may have to 'help' those ears.... my plushie coated bitch had to have help, but when I finally got them to stand, they stayed up. He's so adorable it's ridiculous!! :wub:

#5 ·
Thanks! He might look a bit small next to my husband who's six foot lol but he is definitely growing lots, I keep having to adjust his sensations harness, lol! Btw those harness's are AMAZING for pullers... Ollie walks beautifully loose leash with this harness but if he's on a collar, any collar including the martingale he is a ferocious terrible puller. I need to work with him on that more I know but for now the harness is a godsend!

I'm hoping since he's just four months that there's still hope left since both of his ears has stood up at one point, just never at the same time. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
OK, I'm jealous .. I don't see ANY snow or grey sky or anything remotely resembling winter!!!!

Those are great pics ...

don't worry about the ears yet LOL ... remember he's a coatie!!! Ky's were still down at 4 months ... I think it's because they are heavier with all those floofies!!!

I'm guessing if you stood IN the fountain with the camera he'd look at you!!!!

#6 ·
LOL no we don't get winter here, it was about 65 today(no idea what that is in C lol). :D

Hoping you're right about the ears though at least his breeder said she will help if they don't go up on their own.

And I'm guessing more then just Ollie would be looking at me if I were to get in that fountain. :rofl:

#8 ·
He also met a couple Great Danes, should have seen the look on his face like, "what in the heck is THAT??" :D
I'm going to be sad for him when he's grown and people don't fawn all over him anymore, he loves meeting new people so much and he'll seem confused if someone just walks by him and ignores him, lol. I just have to remember not everyone likes dogs. :crazy:

I guess I should have put this in the picture section, I always forget about that section. I be derpin'.

#12 ·
Thanks!

They were at home, we usually only take two out at a time anyways since there's only two of us but this was Ollie's first trip out with just him. I just wanted to have some Ollie time to focus on him and to work on his socialization and greeting people politely. We're planning Ollie's first trip to the mountains next week with our Chi mix and golden though! My Pom gets awful carsick so he doesn't get to go many places but he does get walks everyday which is his absolute favorite thing ever. :wild:

#14 ·
lol Thanks!

We go to the Laguna mountains, there are some awesome hiking trails plus its gorgeous... well unless it hasn't rained in awhile then it's dry and not very green. There are some dog friendly camping sites there, we are planning on going camping there in the spring with our big dogs. The sites are very basic though, no electric but I wouldn't try and go camping there right now, it's only in the 40-50's during the day and it does snow there during the winter.

There's some dog friendly camping at Mission bay but I believe those are RV only. There's a website called, bringfido.com you can check for more places. That site is amazing I use it all the time!

This is our most recent hike to Laguna right before we got Ollie. :)

#15 ·
That's awesome, Mt. Laguna is actually one of my favorite camping sites close to SD. We won't be back in the US until at least feb. but once we're back in SD and spring hits, my little monster is going camping. I'd take him now but eh, camping during German winter sounds pretty horrific haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.