Puppies and puddles, oh the humanity :D - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Puppies and puddles, oh the humanity :D

So it only rains here in the winter months and even then only a handful of times. Last night was the second time we've had rain this year and was Ollie's first time experiencing it.

I so wish I had my camera on hand! I got up with him around 4am to let him out only to find it was pouring when I opened the sliding glass door to the backyard. Ollie just stood there and watched it fascinated but refused to go out in it. I said a goodbye to my nice warm clothes and went outside and finally got him to go. I should also say that our floors are the original hard wood from the 50's and they are not sealed... That and wet doggy paws, not a good mix! Yeah I hate when it rains.

Later in the morning I let him out again, it was only slightly drizzling so he went out on his own... I stood with the door open watching him(he's already 100% housebroken so I don't always go out especially if I'm half dressed in pajamas but I watch him until he's finished then call him back in)... First thing he did? Walk right through a huge puddle, I face palmed and hung my head knowing I was going to go through a lot of towels today and that it was time to drag out the big floor steamer for a deep cleaning after today. But seriously the entire backyard was completely drenched so it wouldn't have made much difference in how dry he was if I'd taken him out on a leash.

He proceeded to walk through the puddle a few more times(me cringing every time) before coming to a stop and just standing there wading in it(I'm not lying it was a huge puddle!) and then I knew what was about to happen... His paw went up in the air and came down with a splash into the water and that was all she wrote.

He bounded joyfully out of the puddle and then back in splashing every where he went. I should have been horrified but all I could do was smile and laugh watching my little man having the time of his life so desperately wanting to go get my camera but not wanting to miss a moment of it!

After a few minutes I knew it was time to test how our training was coming(he's only 4 months old!) so I let out a sharp whistle and called his name. He splashed a couple more times then came bounding back to the door... I was so thrilled with his recall that it didn't even occur to me to move before a completely soaked puppy came back into the house right over my feet.

Well, lets just say he wasn't the only one that needed drying off after that.
Carriesue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I love silly puppy antics. He must have had a ball in the puddles, I think you might have a water dog on your hands
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Oh I think he definitely is, he's already swam in the ocean(sort of lol)... But it's what I wanted since my golden is also a water lover. Luckily usually the only water they can get into and get dirty in around here is the ocean and I can control when that happens.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Here's my kitchen floor after is exploits outside

Untitled (2012-12-13 23:11:23) by snowypony, on Flickr
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Oh my gosh! The play by play you wrote was absolutely precious!! What a silly little boy! The pic you posted... I didn't even see the mud prints at first, just the look on his face. A guilty "I looove you, mom!" He's just adorable!!

At our house we just moved from, the back yard turned into a giant mud pit for several months out of the year! We had shepherds covered with mud each time they came in! We kept a stash of towels by the back door, but it really didn't help. At least you only have short times of a muddy yard.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
Oh my gosh! The play by play you wrote was absolutely precious!! What a silly little boy! The pic you posted... I didn't even see the mud prints at first, just the look on his face. A guilty "I looove you, mom!" He's just adorable!!

At our house we just moved from, the back yard turned into a giant mud pit for several months out of the year! We had shepherds covered with mud each time they came in! We kept a stash of towels by the back door, but it really didn't help. At least you only have short times of a muddy yard.
Yeah you're right lol, I'm not sure I could survive a wetter environment with dogs! Had to entertain him inside the house today, THAT was fun.

I feel for you folks with snow, I really do!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

OMG ... Kyleigh was exactly the same way the first time she saw a HUGE puddle ... and I did what you did ... HAVE FUN puppy!!!! She was a sopping mess, but super happy!

Great pic ... love the floors ... mine look like that almost every day!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

LOL, my Nemo is the same way with puddles - loves them. All you can do is laugh as they enjoy themselves, well that and have the towels ready .

I have some pics on my iphone of puddle jumping/running, I will try to figure out how to post them.
mjnitsche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Smile

Here Nemo is playing in the puddle in the back ditch after a rain. He is on a long lead as the fence is mainly to keep the cows out of the yard. Anyway the last one is blurred as he was running to fast, but he sure had fun (and I got a great workout running along with him).

On a side note, we just had the invisible fence installed to last weekend. Best invention ever!!! He runs way faster than I do and he is loving being able to run without me slowing him down, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Puppies and puddles, oh the humanity :D-photo-1.jpg   Puppies and puddles, oh the humanity :D-photo2.jpg   Puppies and puddles, oh the humanity :D-photo-3.jpg  
mjnitsche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.