Is something wrong with my pup?! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is something wrong with my pup?!

Hi guys, my pup is around 10 months old, and for the past 3-4 days he has become extremely lethargic, ( laying down all day,sleeping) I didnt think much of it, as he would eat his food, and drink water, and he would poo and pee just fine, he seemed to have a limp in his front right paw, but it seems to come and go, but in the last maybe day it seems to have gotten worse, we had to actually force him to go outside so he could go pee and poo, and he doesnt seem to have that spring to his step anymore, and about an hour ago he threw up a small mucous type fluid, Should I be worried and be rushing him to the vet? or should i wait a few more days to see if he gets over it?
gad-vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would take him to the vet. I have never had a healthy 10 month old act like that. Has he stopped eating in the last day that he has gotten worse?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Possibly pano (growing pains), the vomiting mucous though, maybe related from stress/pain and empty belly...was there yellow bile? how long after being fed?
Normal for the digestive system to have mucous as it lines the system. There are herbals (slippery elm) used to protect and produce mucous to assist repair and prevent bacteria from adhering to the lining when things get out of whack.

Not sure how long pano can run for, depends on the dog, what you feed etc...but there are homeopathics that may help as well as anti-inflammatory herbs/suppliments
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

no, he'll eat his food just fine, he'll go for walks, but doesnt really get excited for them he'll go at a very slow pace, which is a complete 180 from how he was last week
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Possibly pano (growing pains), the vomiting mucous though, maybe related from stress/pain and empty belly...was there yellow bile? how long after being fed?
Normal for the digestive system to have mucous as it lines the system. There are herbals (slippery elm) used to protect and produce mucous to assist repair and prevent bacteria from adhering to the lining when things get out of whack.

Not sure how long pano can run for, depends on the dog, what you feed etc...but there are homeopathics that may help as well as anti-inflammatory herbs/suppliments
it was about 3 hours after he ate, and it looked sorta like spit,
another thing he doesnt come running to greet us anymore, he'll wag his tail, but just wait for you to come to him, and perfers to lay by himself, he will actually get up and go to a quieter room to sleep, hes done this before, but not this frequently
Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Are you able to take his temp? Is he current on all vaccines? Are you in BC or WA state??
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

not able to take his temp, dont know how to,, and I am in BC, and yes he his current on all vaccines
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

yes you should be worried and you shoult take him to the vet, what are you waiting for? If he is getting worse each day and no disere for walks SOMETHING is wrong. take him asap.
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gad-vancouver View Post
not able to take his temp, dont know how to,, and I am in BC, and yes he his current on all vaccines
How current? when was last (date approx.) and what?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

uhhmm, end of july it was his rabies shot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.