German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Time for the Christmas Tree... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/194489-time-christmas-tree.html)

Jo Ellen 11-16-2012 11:26 AM

Time for the Christmas Tree...

Spirit is almost 8 months, this will be his first Christmas tree. I'm very curious what his behavior will be and if it will become a PITA kind of thing. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Would like to hear your stories of your first Christmas tree with your pups :)

Jax08 11-16-2012 11:27 AM

Don't put anything breakable, or anything with hooks to hang, on the lower branches. Jax thought some of the ornaments were put there for her personal pleasure.

DJEtzel 11-16-2012 11:49 AM

Frag never even glanced at the tree his first year, or those after.

I'm very anxious to see how it goes this year with THREE newbies to the christmas tree.

Olivers mama 11-16-2012 12:01 PM

We put up 2 trees: 1 in the family room w/traditional decos & lots of colors. 1 in the bedroom - white lights & Hawaiian decos - in rememberance of my mother.

None of the pets (4 cats + 1 GSD) can reach the trees. They hang from the high points of the ceilings. (IMO, DH should patent this - it'd be a great idea for both pets AND toddlers...:rolleyes: )

Jax08 11-16-2012 12:02 PM

I want a picture of that!

Courtney 11-16-2012 12:05 PM

The first year when he was around 10 months he was curious about the tree but didn't mess with it. Last year he made it on the naughty list for messing with the tree:rolleyes: He would only mess with it at night when we were all sleeping. He would bring me ornaments, sometimes in one piece, sometimes not or he would leave them at the foot of the bed. We had to start closing the bedroom door or crating him. During the day a "leave it" worked fine.

I hope he's better this year, if not I will have a tree with ornaments only at the top of the tree:crazy:

Courtney 11-16-2012 12:07 PM

Yeah, you HAVE to post a picture of your hanging X-mas trees!

Olivers mama 11-16-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax08 (Post 2631162)
I want a picture of that!

I would love to but, for some reason, photobucket hates me. I canNOT figure out - with this Chemo-Brain - how to upload pics...every time I try, this dark see-thru window comes up & the nothing on the page works.

Olivers mama aka Becky/Baldy aka Numb-Nuts :D :o

CeCe 11-16-2012 01:10 PM

Last year my tree was destroyed-my puppy was 8 and 9 months. All the stuffed ornaments were taken off and my adult dog took off the glass balls and tossed them. The candy canes were all eaten. They also toppled the tree almost every day and drank from the tree water bowl. This year I think I'll get a mini tree and keep it on a table.

breyer08 11-16-2012 01:13 PM

We actually just set up our Christmas tree, and Ava (7 months) didn't care at all! She was excited at first when we were taking it out of the box (we have an artificial tree), but once it was up she couldn't care less! She has sniffed it a couple of times since then, but she really doesn't show any interest in it. Hopefully Spirit will be the same! :)