My baby boy has grown!! - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Layla was really skinny with these long legs when I first got her. She looked like a Pug mix, but the vet said no. She's just one of the Pugs with really long legs. She was sick when I got her... and hadn't been taken care of properly. After I got her and got her well, she started gaining and gaining, LOL! She now looks like the full blooded Pug she is.. just with really long legs!

I guess I will keep the large kennel then and get another for in my truck. THAT should thrill my wife with what I just spent on this one, LOL! Oh well! I still may get a conversion van, but we'll see. I kind of need the four wheel drive for the winter time drive to his trainer. My suburban is odd, it's half conversion van. It has a high top and the inside looks like a van. It was a custom job from the first owner.

Yes, Grim has grown. It's odd, because he's never had that gangley stage where he's all ears and legs. He's stayed in proportion the whole time. He looks like a small adult. Never seen a shepherd do that before. I wish he were taller, but he's still growing like a weed, so we'll see where he ends up. I NEVER got up at night with him. From day one he's gone the whole night (which is only about 6 hours, but still). I feel sorry for everyone who has to get up at night with their pup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
From day one he's gone the whole night (which is only about 6 hours, but still).
Wait.. what?? That's like winning a lottery lol

As for crates, we ended up going 48" wire from Amazon with the divider included. It is massive but didn't want to shell out twice.

And BTW... Grim is looking awesome
FrankieC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Well, he was nearly 12 weeks old, though! He came with his first kennel, and it was big enough so it gave me time before I had to get a new one. I don't want to switch him to a crate when he's so used to the kennel. I've never seen a dog loving a crate or kennel so much! I was hoping for the same color, too but they only had a dark gray in that size. Essentially it's the same crate but larger, so I'm hoping no issues with the switch. I do think he's going to like the crate pad!

Thank you! I think he's a handsome little guy... but he's mine so of course I'd think that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.