German Shepherds Forum banner

Question on new puppy

892 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Roberts60 
#1 ·
Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Dog

Just got this guy today. His dad is full black and mother is Black and Tan. He has grey tannish legs and belly. Does he look full blood? Just curious for my own good. Lol. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you! Well they seemed like shady people lol. He was born october 4th. Should I moisten his puppy chow? What color will he be do u think?

Little back story when I was 4 I got my first German shepherd. Grew up with me until 13 then his hips went out. Amazing dog. He protected me and never left my side. Amazing dog. Now I have a 6 year old and 3 year old sons. Been wanting to get them a German shepherd for awhile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#6 ·
Wow, he's really young. Puppies shouldn't really leave their mothers until they're 8 weeks old.
I'm not sure on moistening his puppy chow, I think that would be fine if he's having a hard time eating his food. You'll have to ask in a separate thread to maybe get your answer on that.
He looks like he will be blk/tan or maybe blk/silver, idk? He's definitely really cute, what's his name?

#8 ·
the pup is really young , I figured barely 6 weeks. In every picture he looks rigid , not relaxed , not engaged . A pup should be full of sass, happy energy, soft eye, contact made , not always looking away . Poor guy looks totally lost .
His emotional well being is what you will have to concentrate on -- breed purity lowto no priority.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.