7months old german shepherd out side in the cold plz help - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

How cold is it?
If its raining its obviously not to terribly cold, but that said its not good for prolonged exposure to colder weather and being wet (I would recommend if you can to at lweast try and get her dry if she is wet). But as a couple others have said if its a new doghouse she may not fully understand it is for her to stay in. Also, at 7 months even if it is raining and they know they can stay in the doghouse it doesnt really surprise me she wont stay in it (you said she keeps going in and out). She is young she has lots of energy most likely and she is probably bored and just doesnt want to just sit in a dog house.
Also, what is the size of the doghouse? If its to large it won't help keep her warm. But if its to small she may not want to go in because its cramped.
empem90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

ya the dog house is big enough for her for two dogs, and i think its not that cold but still i am sick worried about her tmrw i will put her in the garage and see what would happen, and every 1hr i go out and i get her dry but still she just keep going out and i stuffed her house with allot of blankets she just soaked them.
now its night and its a little bit warmer.
amjadabdallah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjadabdallah View Post
i train her every day and play with her everyday and i feed her and i love her,and i live in jordan,and i cant get her inside of the house cuz my mom got allergy and she is scoalized
If you go to your profile you can edit it to include your location, so people won't have to keep asking you.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjadabdallah View Post
ya the dog house is big enough for her for two dogs, and i think its not that cold but still i am sick worried about her tmrw i will put her in the garage and see what would happen, and every 1hr i go out and i get her dry but still she just keep going out and i stuffed her house with allot of blankets she just soaked them.
now its night and its a little bit warmer.
Well as you have said you are worried about her being outside. If you do move her into the garage make sure there is nothing she can get into that would get ruined or could make her sick or hurt her. (And just going to say it this once the best place would be inside with you, then you wont have to worry as much about her. ..) But then also part of why she might not stay in there is if you are going out every hour to dry her off, which is good to spend time with her and keep her dry, part of the problem is she is probably wanting you to come back out and play with her. That may be part of why she wont stay in the dog house. Personally, I dont have a lot of experience with keeping a dog outside when its raining and cold when its like that our dogs have always been inside (ours are only outside during the day when its nice weather and they choose to be). So not sure if I am helping much, but to answer your initial question, no it is not ideal to keep her out there, as you have said you end up worrying about her.
empem90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Its great you are trying everything to make her comfortable. If she was really cold I doubt she would be going back out in the rain. I don't like the idea of outside dogs but fact is there are millions of them outside in the rain and they figure out their dog house is the place to be to keep warm. She has food, water, a place to get out of the rain and a kid who obviously loves her. She'll be ok 👍

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

ya i do love her allot and i cant let her in, if i can i would but i cant
amjadabdallah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narny View Post
With one post we cant possibly know if thats the case. This dog may get played with and trained everyday. Could be an allergy or other reasons for her to be kept outside. We simply cant make the assumption that the dog wont get well socialized with the info given.
You are 100% correct and I apologize for making assumptions. I have had far too many experiences with people who get a puppy because "it's so cute" and then just leave it outside 95% of the time because it's too much work so I think I am overly sensitive to the issue. Again my apologies to the OP

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Skylar ~ Aussie d.o.b. 11/7/10
Tucker ~ Yellow Lab d.o.b. 8/9/11
Hopeful Future GSD Owner
sassynsweet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

This might be a little too far fetch, but you never know. Why don't you get a tarp and hanging over the dog house so rain won't fall in that area. Just in case your dog comes out the dog house your dog won't get wet unless it chooses to do so.
lennoxbradley88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.