German Shepherds Forum banner

GSD Puppy ; (

875 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ShepherdLover 223 
#1 ·
My gsd female puppy won't listen to me : ( i tried Snapping I have treats she runs from me bites my feet When on leash she yanks and throws temper tantrums i don't know what to do can someone give me some advice?:mad::(

#3 ·
She turns 8 weeks in 4 days And i'm not really using a training method my commands are in German she knows how to sit and is doing down pretty good she needs more work but it's hard to when she doesn't pay attention i call her name i pull the leash nothing works.

Edit- I give her lots of praise when she get's it right

#4 · (Edited)
I see from your first post she was 6 weeks old on 10/29, so she's about 7 weeks now?

She isn't going to listen to a thing you say:) She's a baby who has the attention span of a gnat, is biting like crazy because that's what they do, and having been taken away to young from mom and littermates, well she probably hasn't learned any bite inhibition yet ..

You can't be harsh with a 7 week old puppy who knows no better. Find appropriate things for her to chew on, and redirect. Or wear a bite suit :)))

These dogs do not come pre trained, and right now, again, you have a baby, who knows no better.

You were posting when I was, to add, carry around some yummy SMALL treat tidbits, and use this as a reward for good behaviors/training .

#6 ·
:thumbup: This exactly. She's too young to really know any better. Try positively reinforcing the behaviors you like with small treats like Jakoda said, or praise. Even toys (depending on what she's most driven by). And try not to snap on/at her. As Jakoda said, she's a baby and doesn't know better. When you snap it really just batters her confidence in herself and you.
If you get too frustrated, try removing yourself from the situation for a few moments to calm back down. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.