June-Sept. 2012 puppies... - Page 17 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #161 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

The link says it's invalid on your pics...

Carriesue- I hope you have a great time with Ollie! The snow and ice on the ground here has made it hard to get Grim out for walks because he loves to pull still and I'll end up in a face plant! He does love the snow and cold, though. Me? Not so much. Do dress warm and watch for ice under the snow. I love my Columbia gloves, and I'm getting a really warm and water resistant coat today to work Grim outside in. You probably already have hiking boots. Stay warm and safe!! Can't wait for pics!
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #162 (permalink)

Hi everyone! I am new here, Draco was born on 9/11. Easy to remember. He is growing up so fast! Great temperament so far but started to bark at strangers on the street occasionally, not at everyone but selective. Any ideas how to work on that? He is friendly but people do not like barking dogs...June-Sept. 2012 puppies...-imageuploadedbypg-free1357415656.227940.jpgJune-Sept. 2012 puppies...-imageuploadedbypg-free1357415702.787532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Draco's mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #163 (permalink)

This is a test, can't see my own posts...

Draco's mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #164 (permalink)

Yeah the app takes a while to update. If you come out of the app an then close it and then come back in you will see your posts.

Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #165 (permalink)
Master Member

Here is an updated pic of Fezzik. I think he may have some golden retriever, aussie, or something along those lines due to his coat texture. His mom was a GSD/Husky and dad is unknown, I was told a rottie is the most likely culprit though.

He is almost as tall as Spot the pointer, and was 36 lb at his last weigh in, he's not quite 5 months old.
Attached Thumbnails
June-Sept. 2012 puppies...-dscn3579.jpg   June-Sept. 2012 puppies...-dscn3575.jpg  
Fezzik: Heinz 57 born Aug 2012
Cats: Samuel Adams, Jack Daniels, & Shooter
BrennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #166 (permalink)

How are all the pups doing?

Fleury is mad teething. Lost all but the canines and chewing everything in sight, including me! He started puppy class (which was good and bad). He's great at all the commands. She uses him to teach everything because he's so smart. But he gets bored when she's talking and goes a little crazy. Was a little unsure of the other dogs at first, but slowly warming up to them.

He has loved all the new freedom we have now that he's fully vaccinated! We've been taking him all sorts of places and his curiosity is so funny. He's definitely better behaved when we're out (cuz he's not bored, I assume) so that's nice

We're battling GI issues, though. Not sure what's causing it. Doc says sensitive stomach - could be induced by too much exercise, food/treats, stress of all the new situations, fluctuations in schedule, who knows.

Dixie - how have you been dealing with the table surfing? He's become very interested in all things on the counters. I'm trying to keep them mostly clean, but he seems to find the one spot that's not.
jessac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessac View Post
How are all the pups doing?

Dixie - how have you been dealing with the table surfing? He's become very interested in all things on the counters. I'm trying to keep them mostly clean, but he seems to find the one spot that's not.
Dixie is almost 8 month's old now. And counter surfing is going pretty well She has learnd, well still enforcing "nose off" which I tell her everytime she put's that little nose of her's up to a table/counter. And I got good at keeping the tables/counter's really clean. So that's a plus haha She is just wanting to test EVERYTHING! Gotta love the "teenage" stage. She's not that bad really. She just love's to test me. I swear she will grab something she know's she's not supposed to have, just to see my reaction. Than think, "ok I still can't play with that, mabie next time" lol It's just like having a 2 year old running around the house lol But beside's that, it's going great!

Here is a pic of her

Dixie-Born 06-04-12
DixieGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #168 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco's mom View Post
Hi everyone! I am new here, Draco was born on 9/11. Easy to remember. He is growing up so fast! Great temperament so far but started to bark at strangers on the street occasionally, not at everyone but selective. Any ideas how to work on that? He is friendly but people do not like barking dogs...Attachment 25153Attachment 25161

More socialization, I think. Also, introduce the 'quiet' command to him and reward for it. Grim never really barked until a couple weeks ago. He doesn't bark when meeting people, though. I'm assuming your pup is barking from excitement and isn't being fearful?*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennasMom View Post
Here is an updated pic of Fezzik. I think he may have some golden retriever, aussie, or something along those lines due to his coat texture. His mom was a GSD/Husky and dad is unknown, I was told a rottie is the most likely culprit though.

He is almost as tall as Spot the pointer, and was 36 lb at his last weigh in, he's not quite 5 months old.
He's looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGSD View Post
Dixie is almost 8 month's old now. And counter surfing is going pretty well She has learnd, well still enforcing "nose off" which I tell her everytime she put's that little nose of her's up to a table/counter. And I got good at keeping the tables/counter's really clean. So that's a plus haha She is just wanting to test EVERYTHING! Gotta love the "teenage" stage. She's not that bad really. She just love's to test me. I swear she will grab something she know's she's not supposed to have, just to see my reaction. Than think, "ok I still can't play with that, mabie next time" lol It's just like having a 2 year old running around the house lol But beside's that, it's going great!
I'm really glad that counter surfing hasn't struck my guy! Dixie is looking good, too!!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #169 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ollie is 5 months old now and last weigh in was 47lbs, so slightly smaller then average for his age but slow growth is better anyways! He was a little but pudgy at the beginning of Januraury because he wouldn't touch his kibble and I gave him too much canned - I cut his food down and now he's really lean and I'm working on switching him over to part Honest Kitchen and part raw.

I taught him how to play fetch and he loves it, I mostly do too except for when he shoves a toy at me in the middle of the night... Those nights he gets to sleep in his crate.

He's teething now too, missing some teeth and adult teeth poking through at other places - he seems to prefer chewing on sticks over anything else. He's still never been mouthy to me, I must have a freak of a shepherd.

He's so refreshing compared to my golden who has DA issues, I can take Ollie anywhere and not have to worry about what he's going to do even dog friendly restaurants... He'll just lay next to me and be a good boy. I don't know if its his age but he LOVES people, he'll run up to them(and not jump, yay!), lay back his ears submissively and wag his tail just begging for pets... I haven't met anyone yet who can resist him. I don't know if this will continue into adulthood but I wouldn't be disappointed if it did.

We still have issues with him harassing the cats and small dogs, that's a work in progress. Not made easy with my male Siamese who seems to egg him on into chasing him. Siamese are NOT the stereotypical cat, they are needy, clingy, noisy and a general pain in your arse. He's also started big boy barking occasionally at other dogs, I think he's starting to hit puberty.

Overall though he is a testament to his breeder and what it means to be a well bred dog. He is my love, my little lollipop.

Untitled (2013-01-21 02:38:44) by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Untitled (2013-01-21 02:13:40) by Carriesue82, on Flickr
Carriesue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.