Jan/Feb 2012 puppy owners, please check in! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Jan/Feb 2012 puppy owners, please check in!

Soooo, now that we are all(hopefully) past the land shark phase, how are you and your puppies doing?

Hans turns 9 months in about a week. I can't believe he is close to one year old!

I am typing on my phone and that is difficult, but I will post a full update when I have access to a keyboard.

He has changed a lot, not only physically but mentally, as well. And I... Well, I just keep loving and being amazed by him every day. I am so glad for the privilege of having him in my life.

How about you?
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Mine just turned a year a month ago. I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided that I wanted a GSD It has been a learning process, one that I will use on any GSD I get in the future. Mine didn't go through the landshark phase. She did try to bite us, but that ended after about a week. I think that has a lot to do with my other dogs..they continued to teach her what she would have been taught if she was still with her littermates. They all took to each other right away After I got through the potty training phase(this was a nightmare) we were on the same page. Physically she has changed quite a bit and I was surprised at how much black she lost. I'm also sure she is not done changing, I can still see where some tan is coming in. Mentally she has always been smart and eager to learn. Because of this I have continued her education, she enjoys going to school. She is quiet and focused, very rarely barks and when she does I pay attention. When she loves someone they know it. She is good with other dogs of all sizes, cats, kids, people, just everything. I don't know where she came from, but whatever they did they did right. She has the perfect temperament and her nerves are as solid as a rock...we just conquered the only evil thing that existed in her mind..the vacuum Now she follows me around while I vacuum, yep that was our biggest hurdle. I adore her, she is an amazing dog with amazing character. Because of her I will have another GSD. I also feel blessed to have her in my life.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Can you guys post pics with your updates? Maybe a pic of when you first got your pup and a recent photo? Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

We should do the same thing for June July August or something like hat seems like alot of us.

I second photis
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Good, finally having more good then bad days He listens 90% of the time immediately, I decided to take a break from formal training with a teacher but will doing his intermediate training very soon. I'm currently working on "play dead" with him as his next trick

He's really a fantastic dog and everything I hoped for Fantastic to train, rock steady personality, and extremely intelligent

He went through a bit of a bad spell when he hit 8 months, apparently that's when they get their second dose of intense hormones. For a period of a week he became very unruly and too dominate to bring to the dog park, I live with my sister and while he behaved for me even during that time she found him very tough to handle. I had to come to a hard decision and scheduled his neuter for next month, he'll be ten months and I was never planning on breeding him anyways and my contract with the breeder requires him to be neutered by one year. For the sake of peace with my sister I didn't see a point to wait the extra two months.

As for photos of when he was younger to now

9 weeks

7.5 months

8.5 months with Jazzy

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Nita is doing great and YEAH we made it throught the landshark phase!!!

She is 8 months old now (1/26 birthday) and we really enjoy her. Our 13 yr old is in charge of her training since Nita is her 4-H dog. They did really well at fair this year - blue in showmanship (junior handling) and a blue and 1st in beginning obedience.

We took September off from formal training classes and are getting ready to start back up in obedience this month. Sabrina is talking about starting her in rally

Nita had a great day yesterday - she went to the dog park on the beach in the morning and then had a puppy play date with her bff in the afternoon

Kenai - 10 yr old Samoyed Koda - 8 yr old Samoyed
Max - 4 yr old rescue Persian Nita - 01/26/2012 GSD
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Shade, what a beautiful boy!
gmcwife1- sounds like an excellent program! You must be very proud of daughter and dog!!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
Shade, what a beautiful boy!
gmcwife1- sounds like an excellent program! You must be very proud of daughter and dog!!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcwife1 View Post
Nita is doing great and YEAH we made it throught the landshark phase!!!

She is 8 months old now (1/26 birthday) and we really enjoy her. Our 13 yr old is in charge of her training since Nita is her 4-H dog. They did really well at fair this year - blue in showmanship (junior handling) and a blue and 1st in beginning obedience.

We took September off from formal training classes and are getting ready to start back up in obedience this month. Sabrina is talking about starting her in rally

Nita had a great day yesterday - she went to the dog park on the beach in the morning and then had a puppy play date with her bff in the afternoon
Wow, she's doing awesome!

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Miss Milla will be 8 months this week! I cannot believe how much she has grown and changed. Yesterday she helped me paint my chicken coop. They are both now "Fog".

She is doing fantastic and is coming long nicely in her training. I am just so in love with this smart little girl. Can still be sharky occasionally but more when she's all wound up. I couldn't have asked for a better companion.

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Dolly was born Jan 6th and, to date, has yet to have a landshark phase. She has gone through her "woman" transformation and just finished her first heat last week (thankfully!) which gave us no trouble minus changing pads twice a day. The only changes I've noticed is the day prior to her going into heat for the first time, she was very sweet and cuddly vs. wanting to play.

She loves to work/learn and loves to play.

Here is some pic progress:

January (from Breeder)-

Febuary (from Breeder)-

March (few weeks before we got her from Breeder)-

March (on way home from Breeder)-

Our first week (in March)-

Most Recent Pic (Sept 22nd)-
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.