When did you know and how did your gsd show bonding? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default When did you know and how did your gsd show bonding?

Today was a major milestone for me and my Sammy. I was beginning to think that I was just Sammy's personal toy, but I believe that this morning was the changing point. While on my pc, Sam came over, jumped up into my lap, and pressed his big head against my head and held it there for a few second, all the while taking in big breaths. OK, I thought this was cute, but several moments later he did it again.
I think that was the big moment, he has been a perfect little boy since.
Would like to know others moments of sheer love from your gsd's.
I do not post often, but this made me so happy and loved by my baby boy.
Carol
harleyboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

When I sat down on the lawn with my Wolfy Dog after the first week of having him. He sat next to me as an 12 week old pup, I put my arm round him and he looked at me. I told him that I was so happy that he was my long awaited German Shepherd. He air licked my face. Then I knew we would be good forever and we are.
I never felt this with any of the many dogs I have had. German Shepherds are magical.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I saw the litter several times before taking Delgado home. At seven weeks the breeder and I were playing outside with the puppies and Delgado spent a lot of time around me, running around my feet and pleading for hugs and pets

At 9 weeks when I went to pick him up we took him outside with his mom to let him go to the bathroom before the long journey home. He was running around chasing the breeders daughter and playing with his mom and I went to my car to get a blanket out to rub on his mother and when I opened the door I heard this high pitched squealing and turned to see him bolting towards me at top speed. The breeder started laughing, "he doesn't want you to leave without him."

My heart melted and he and Jazzy are my constant shadows

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Day one, when she'd throw a hissy fit if I left her I don't know if there's abeen any one particular moment, but maybe she's too young and I haven't seen it yet.

I don't know, she's just kind of always been glued to me. If I try to hand her off to anyone she gets upset and when I pick her up from daycare she whines and squeals and jumps all around me.

I don't know if that means she's bonded to me, but I know she loves me more than anyone else.

She also does this cute thing every morning after I feed her and she runs back to me and puts her little ears down and puts her head in my lap for a pat and licks my arms. Surely the person who would bring her her most favourite thing in the world - breakfast - must be THE BEST PERSON EVER. I love my little monkey <3
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Chase is not normally big into snuggling or getting on the bed but the night before my husband and I were going away on holiday ( without Chase ) Chase got on the bed, snuggled up between us and fell asleep with his paw over me. I like to think that he knew we were going away.Lying there with my dog while he "cuddled" me was one of the most perfect moments of my life GSD really are the best.
NatBat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
At 9 weeks when I went to pick him up we took him outside with his mom to let him go to the bathroom before the long journey home. He was running around chasing the breeders daughter and playing with his mom and I went to my car to get a blanket out to rub on his mother and when I opened the door I heard this high pitched squealing and turned to see him bolting towards me at top speed. The breeder started laughing, "he doesn't want you to leave without him."
I had a similar experience, it was then I knew I had made the right decision to bring her home.

I knew we bonded when my boyfriend had started to complain that when he gets off work instead of getting excited to see him, she beelines for the picture window and sits and watches for my car. She's now my shadow, my sounding board and provider of snuggles at all the right times..all in just 4 short months..I cannot imagine what she has in store for me in the future nor could I imagine life without her.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

this just makes me want to go home right now and hug my big boy.

cant think of the exact moment we bonded, maybe it was his first puppy kiss when i met him at the breeder....or the long car ride home i held him... but i knew..and i think he knew right away i was his momma..and would love him with all my heart.
iloveshepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ugh, I was just talking to my sister and now I know one more thing that I love about my puppy.

She never tells me "I don't want to get involved" and walks away when I unload on her.

Seriously, who says that?! Just listen, darn it.
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

My dog is independent so I don't have stories about dog being my shadow or super excited to see me, etc. She will sleep by my feet but also in a different room. She will let me pet a little then go away. She will make sure to know where I am but doesn't want to be where I am often. Currently in her heat, she is affectionate and follows me around more. But I know she sees me as her boss. When I discipline her, she becomes submissive / lowers her head. But when others try to do the same.... she barks or ignores! Hahah... she only lets me tell her what to do. That was my sign that she has bonded to me. I don't feel immensely bonded yet to her (compared to the bond I had with my first dog) but we just started the journey.
Bear L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

That he always wants to be near me! Outside - will always follow me where I go, will always return to check in if he wanders, and will come when called, when we're inside will come to my room to check up, cry when I shower, follow me to the kitchen, living room, backyard, his room, and will cry when I crate him or leave him to go out... then LOSE IT when I return. And is equally excited every time that he does everything listed. Without treats!

Velcro what? This boy is a companion.
jae is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.