What age did you feel a real bond with your GSD? - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #51 (permalink)

Day 3!!! The first two days he was extraordinarily shy. We even thought he might be sick because he was so weak in the hips from shyness. On the third morning, though, he woke and behaved as if he has lived with me his whole life.. followed me around and even whined loudly when I would go in the restroom.
Yoschi's_Pet_Human is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #52 (permalink)

Grace is 5 months now, I brought her home at 3 months. She is very attentive to my goings and comings. At night she sleeps in the room with me and I can't make a move without her head and ears popping up. Our bond came as of recent. After training, I became extremely frustrated and was impatient with her and that night I had to reevaluate my technique and remember the need for patience and consistency and the next morning it was like all was well with the two of us. I think that we create the bond, its not dependent on the pup but the human. We are blessed to receive such unconditional devotion and should care for them as such.
mygrace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #53 (permalink)

Kane, my older white GSD was a real pain when i got him at 7 weeks. He hated being petted or carried, and several times i also felt that i made a mistake when i got him. but after walking (then running) with him he got better, and before i knew it (it took several months though), he was letting me pet him and now at 2 and a half years he's the biggest "pup" you can have, i can walk him without a leash and he wont leave my side; he's always next to me or under my legs when i'm studying. Cash was different, he was always really friendly, and at a year and a half he hasnt changed a bit
Attached Thumbnails
What age did you feel a real bond with your GSD?-11.jpg  
KanesCash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #54 (permalink)
Elite Member

Had pup since she was 4 months old. It'll be a year in a month and I'm enjoying her more and more each day. I'd say I love her adult personality a lot more and feel more confident in my handling abilities now. So I guess it took close to a year!

I used to question my decision all the time when she was a pup, but not anymore. Love her dearly.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

I am quite different from everyone else...I honestly wanted to give Rocky back 3-4 times a week for the first 4 months. He was insane. I did not pet my own dog until he was about 4 months old because any time I even tried to pet him he would attack my arms and feet in play. He also ate about 600$ of expensive items in 4 months, and cost over 800$ at the vet in 4 months. It took FOUR months to potty train him as well!

Most of these mistakes were because of me, but I still was about to pull my hair out, when one day he suddenly started listening at obedience class and somehow magically became potty trained.

I would say that we bonded most deeply when he was 9 months old and my boyfriend moved away. I cried myself to sleep while he licked my face for about 2 weeks. He cuddled me all night and never moved. Watched sad movies and ate icecream with me LOL

I love my buddy!
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #56 (permalink)

I think Easton and I bonded the moment I put his leash on him at the airport. He has been great these few days since we met each other. He loves my daughter and is always jumping on her and mouthing her hair and cloths lol until I come and he stops, (then being the ball busting little boy he is turning to be, he starts right up again, as soon as I look away)- My wife oves him and he will lay by her if I am not there.
With me, he follows me around, even out side I have him off leash already ( just front yard and back-we are off of the road no danger) in fact to my amazement he has already mastered the Sitz command and will auto sit as I back away and he comes and sits looking up at me-
But I think the moment I noticed a bond was the other night, I was feeling very sick late at night-(sorry was in the bathroom) he followed me and started to whine and keep trying to lay on me as I was sick in the bowl of horror.
It was strange and I didn't pay attention at the time as I was to busy with stomach pains -had a case of food poision- bit looking back he knew I was sick and he reacted and tried to help. I was alone no one was home it was just me and Easton.
There is just nothing like a bond,friendship,trusting partner like a German Shephard- until you experience it people just don't understand.
Ltleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.