German Shepherds Forum banner

Does anyone have some suggestions for a Weighted Backpack?

525 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  giebel 
#1 ·
My sister's birthday is coming up, so I figured I would buy her a weighted backpack for her German Shepherd puppy (10 months, almost 11) to help her with walks.

There are a whole lot on Amazon, so I would like some help being set in the right direction. It's a hassle to get and send out packages where I live, so I want to buy her a durable one that I won't have to send back. Also, is two water bottles a good starting weight for a puppy? She is kinda chubby, but has a whole bunch of energy.

Thanks in advance, Mareykan.

#2 · (Edited)
I used wolfpacks.com for my gsd but suggest you wait a few more months until your dog has filled out more. I waited until my dog was about 16 months(dog still growing filling out) , I would be concerned with to much weight so I would start your dog off with an empty pack and than increase with mini water bottles and maybe a tennis ball on each side. The wolfpack backpack I have is still in great shape and my dog just passed ( 5 months ago at 11 almost 12 years ago). It's very durable and I will use the same backpack for my next dog.Also, I would caution you using it on warm/hot days( I didn't over use it though)...my dog took to it easily and it chilled him out with his job as well. Yay, for being a sweet brother ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.