German Shepherds Forum banner

What is wrong with people?

3K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Kyrielle 
#1 ·
People are killing babies, kids, dogs and each other at alarming rates. I'm so disgusted with the human race. I can't comprehend the lack of respect for life people have. How do they do what they do? This comes after a story of a female GSD that was found on the side of the road with open wounds and duct tape(she died). I felt sick to my stomach and then I just wanted to cry.

How did it get this bad?

#17 ·
Not only is He watching, He will soon send His Son to right everything that is wrong here... Remember the prayer, "Let your Kingdom come, let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven..." That's what his anointed Son will do, and everything evil we see now tells us it's not far off.

Susan

#9 · (Edited)
I've about had it with the media. Nothing but trouble makers. There was a young 15 yr old boy with lots of potential that was found burned in Chicago. The mothers plea for her son was heart wrenching-I couldn't watch it. Today they decide to post a story of how he was burnt alive. I certainly didn't want to know those details and I pray the mother knew that detail before she read about it.

Reactions: Deb
#8 ·
Local to me, a guy just got charged with a misdemeanor for spraying bug spray on the food of his roommate's GSD over time. The dog lost 20 lbs and still struggles with eating. Same guy took a thin red belt out of a dress and put it around a cat's neck, holding it off the ground for 30 seconds while he laughed. :(
He also squirted bug killer in an aquarium and killed the fish! And he gets a misdemeanor charge.
I can't remember if this was local or not but a teenager tossed her baby out of a two story window.
A guy living with either his mother or grandmother, who had died, didn't tell anyone she was dead and cut her body up and kept it in trash bags, because he was afraid he'd get kicked out of her house. Crazy.
Ever notice all of the increasing number of home invasions? Home used to be the one place you could go and it was a safe place. Not anymore.
Locally, a guy stabbed his girlfriend to death and committed suicide. She had a restraining order against him and even according to the police, had done everything she possibly could and in the correct way and still got killed. How do you stop all of these murders where the killer is planning on killing him or herself anyway.
And don't even get me started on drugs. I am beginning to think that situation is nearly hopeless. Such a large percentage of crime involves drugs, either directly or indirectly. :(

#10 ·
Everyone is so detached from reality. Movies, games, social media. That is all I can figure. Too little Christ too much everything else. Kids left to raise themselves. So much selfishness. The media definitely glorifies these stories for ratings. There is good out there. We just have to look a little harder to find it.

Reactions: charger
#11 ·
Exactly we have to looks harder to find the good. Most of the Tv and movies are extremely twisted violent and dark. So much anger out there - close minded ness, fear and blame - lack of accepting responsibility many opt for the easy route blame others blame animals , kids etc. and lack of respect for life in general. Such selfishness and kids have way to much time on their hands. The media does concentrate on the bad but I still I feel it's been getting worse over the years.

#12 ·
Shelter personnel see it every day...burned, branded, scarred and physically mutilated dogs and cats abound...sometimes the dogs have lost tongues, ears, or eyes. Those of us who do rescue pulls from shelters see the effects first-hand. We've held them quivering, praying the animal would survive what was done to it. There are a lot of things I wish I could unsee.

This stuff is why I'm so adamantly opposed to the national trend of "open adoptions" -- where anyone who wants to adopt a dog can, no matter how bad a home it would be. If anyone ever wonders why breed rescue people dig so deeply into backgrounds in the adoption process, it's because we've seen more of this darkness than anyone ought to ever have to see. We've all shed enough tears to float a ship on....and it never ends.

All I can do is cling to the stories of survival, the resilience of the animals, the incredible kindness of the people who eventually adopt them and love them. That's where hope dwells.

#13 ·
Some of these posts are what I'm talking about.People start recounting all of the horrible stories they've read and others start googling the stories and so on....
I just blocked a couple of Facebook friends recently that were posting very graphic animal abuse videos.And then reported them.They were just sickening.Why film something like that and why share it?They weren't happy ending rescue stories,just pure evil sickos.

#19 ·
I think for some people to open their eyes they need to see. Yes sometimes it is to much but we have a choice not to not read or change tthe channel once the message has been received . Acknowledging the wrongs in the world is the only thing that bring good to the surfAce and bring some change. Yes and God is watching and karma is real!

#22 ·
I have mixed feelings about not listening to some of the terrible things people do. I do agree that if you listen too much, it can lead to a very dark, jaundiced perception of the world and sometimes, let's face it, we all reach a point where we just can't absorb any more evil. But I also think that righteous anger at the way things are has often served as a catalyst for change. Human beings, by and large, are preoccupied with their own lives, their own families, their own concerns. It generally takes a lot to get us moving and anger is often the fuel.

#23 · (Edited)
Yes I agree very much with this. Newlie I can respect people need to escape from pressures of life crazy people etc. as much what social media is for some -such as this gsd forum for myself and learn things to boot. The last thing people want to see is acts of criminally insane people going off the deep end. Staying positive some days can be a challenge in this nutty world. I'm not on face book. I do post things on Pinterest it's as social media as I get. I have a seperate folder for animal rescue and not choke people with graphic images. I appreciate and posts of warnings people give me. I also make sure i do realize the psychotics in the world as I'm can easily wrap myself in bubble wrap it is a gift. It sure does take a lot to get us moving and passion and anger as long as it's balanced is a good fuel.

#24 ·
Many people will not agree with this, but I do not follow the news, at all. I used to follow it continuously. How could you intentionally want to miss out on world events? I had numerous sources that I checked a few times a day. But I don't anymore (after hearing someone proposing this on a podcast). I don't miss it. It's not that I do not want to engage with humanity, the contrary, it simply does not help me to know about someone blowing himself up and taking a few children with him. Such horrible news makes me feel bad and does not accomplish anything in my life other than that. Eventually I will forget it and that's it. That's how news works. The world does seem like a very messed up place if you fill yourself up with all the horrible news. My life would seem **** if all you knew was a list I made of all the bad things that have happened, just like anybody else's. And that's the world news. Stories about decent people don't make front pages.

Then you've also got the issue that news is hardly objective, filled with clickbait titles and immensely contradictory. Journalists need to fill a quota of sometimes 2.5 stories a day, which forces many to write false articles.
The same event will be portrayed completely different by different media if it fits someone's agenda.

Statistics show the world has never been safer than today, it's non debatable, we are moving forward.

Before I end this. Try and find one backpacker/hitchiker that has traveled through rural foreign places say anything negative about the people they have met. I've read numerous articles about people hitchhiking solo through places like Iran, India, Pakistan, China, etc, and hardly ever experiencing anything even remotely negative. You always hear about how wonderfully helpful the people were they met a long the way, how everybody opens their home and invites you to stay. That's also our world.

#25 ·
I agree with most of this. There are a few things that I think people need to see for safety issues, but whenever they do that all the copycats pop up.

Here in Chicago there sre lots of shootings on the highways, it's good to know because you can be more careful but then all of the sudden it's happening every weekend. It's thd wrong people that are seeing it and acting on it.

What about the stupid clown thing? Stores are pulling clown costumes off the shelves because of that. I'm sure that it's one of the cheaper costumes to get and maybe some kids won't get to dress up because their parents can't afford a costume. That is just one example.

#28 ·
What I find deplorable is the greed over public health that the big companies display on a constant basis. Every time I see another story how big business skirts the law or outright changes the laws and then the human misery afterwards makes me question our longevity as a species.

#31 ·
History would say we are actually doing pretty well in America right now. Russian pogroms, Roman circuses, the holocaust, genocide in Congo (5 million killed!). Handing out smallpox blankets to the American Indians. Slaughtering bison by the millions to kill off the plains American Indians. Mayan human sacrifice. Slavery. The sex-trade. Read some of Dickens to see what it was like to be poor in Great Britain. The human race can be very ugly or very beautiful. Humans haven't gotten any better or any worse, genetically. Evil exists, that is clear.

I think in general we are doing quite well, here in the United States. In general. I am lucky to have been born into a loving family, and to live in the U.S with modern medicine. Nothing I did to earn that, but I value it and work to support and maintain what I was simply born into. Just a look at history tells you what happens when a once "good" and functioning society falls into disarray. I hope we do not repeat that here.

#33 ·
Agreed, we've come up with a very nice system here in the US. Not to be nationalistic, but I do think a democratic republic with a capitalist economic model is maybe the best set up for humans in a society. Yes, we've gone through our rough points, but those times when we have held to our nation's original model and focused on freedom across all fronts (social, political, and economic), we have been the strongest, most generous, and most free country in the world. (Not that other countries aren't these things. Just statistically, the US spends more on humanitarian and military assistance projects than any other.)

In regards to the human species as a whole, we do best when given personal freedom and an expectation to maintain personal responsibility each day. Personal being the key word here, as having groups of people or anyone else take responsibility for one's actions only leads to the path of mob mentality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.