German Shepherds Forum banner

What are you doing with your dog today?

4K views 59 replies 29 participants last post by  cloudpump 
#1 ·
We are going to Winona State Forest hiking. Anyone else up to something?

#3 ·
I'm cleaning out the pool so the dogs can go swimming and I can clean it again. It's going to be a hot one today. I'm officially on vacation for 9 days and hiking is in the plans when the weather gets cooler.

#5 ·
It's super hot and humid here too:( Hubby took the pups for a 2 mile walk early this morning(many thanks!)We will lounge in the shade and cool off in the baby pool periodically.So basically nothing,lol!

StoneZep, love Summer's expression!

#11 ·
We spent 3 hrs. cleaning out roots and leveling out the land where we removed 30 yr old shrubs in front of our house (a few weeks ago). Ziva helped pull roots, dig holes and supervised in between our ball throws.
We're all resting now but I feel Ziva is going to still want her 2-3 mile trek in the woods later.

#12 ·
Went tracking and then did obedience with LB. Swam Elena. Threw the ball for Hera and Hagan. Swam Deja and then she ran with me while I did some mowing. Vala will run with me while I mow some more. Threw the ball for Gavin. It is hot so sessions short.

#14 ·
We ended up walking about 7 hilly miles. D'jango did great with the atvs passing us, not so great with the chipmunks.
Pictures suck, but I was too busy huffing and puffing. But only 20lbs till I get to 250.
Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter, so we are going to the beach.
Its been a week for both of us. A trip to Maryland last weekend, and every day a walk and good training session.

#15 ·
Since it is Saturday, dogs thought we would be training. They squeezed out the garage door thinking they were going to be going with me early this morning(but I was leaving for a work day)
My club helpers attended a seminar...over a 3 hour drive to this. I wish I were closer and could have gone, but had previous obligations. https://www.facebook.com/events/1846642432229106/

I did take Gambit for a walk as the sun was setting, he decided to react to the neighbor dog that was barking at him. So a training session began showing him that being neutral is best.
Weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday and today, but hot.
I wish there were more daylight hours to enjoy mother nature this time of year!

Reactions: Chai
#17 ·
School year ended for me on Thursday. Friday I took a friends dogs and a junior handler to the Genesee Valley Kennel Club show at the Dome Arena. I volunteered to steward Sat and Sun (they were short on help). I only did mornings both days so I could get back home early (I have the puppies). It was very hot in the building, no a/c, they had big fans going though and overhead doors open.

#22 ·
#23 ·
Believe it or not, we'll be working on getting out of the car properly. While the rest of you are out having fun with your dogs, I'll be trying to convince my wild child not to blow past me when he gets out of his crate. He's the only WL I've ever had who can't do a decent job of capping his drive.

Can't leash him in the car--he'll eat it.

He's really powerful and determined and not interested in his Wait command. I've been in GSDs since 1991, including former K9s (they really know how to get in and out of cars) and I have never had this problem before.

So that's what I'll be doing with my dog today. I probably should have started a new thread.

#27 ·
We are going to a beautiful mountain meadow with creek (thank god) to do SAR training. Some hides with live subjects, cadaver tissue and topping it with a swim. Leaving in a second to get a pre-walk in. My own neighborhood is inundated by tourists and they are a bit hard to tolerate. But like my dogs, I'm working on it. Tahoe is not too fun between July 4th and mid August. Anyway, have a good weekend everyone.

#32 ·
Yesterday Robyn had her first hour long massage(I have never had one but the dog has) since her surgery. Today she gets to go swimming, I'm sure she is going to be super excited. I asked her if she wanted to go and she ran to the door.

#34 ·
:frown2:Molly has urinary incontinence, so today we're out for a bath at the do it yourself grooming place, Petsmart for doggie diapers and cat food.
Then to the yacht harbor - Molly likes to challenger herself on the wooden piers and metal ramps that go down to where the boats dock. She gets so scared walking over the wooden pier seeing the water underneath, but at the same time, seems to enjoy challenging herself and overcoming the fear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.