Chewy.com - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Chewy.com

I recently placed a rather large order with them and today I checked the shipment. The antlers I ordered are to small for my guys. So I called them expecting to go through the whole return thing and to my surprise they refunded my money and told me to donate them to a shelter. I was quite shocked but very happy with them. I just felt the need to share because I think it's a great thing that they do
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Chewy's is AWESOME. They "get" customer service. A lot more than my local pet stores.

I just had an order where the box was torn in shipment and my ultra balls I added to the shipment did not make it to my house out. No questions. No requests for photos of the damaged box. They simply sent me new ones ASAP. I have a teammate whose squeaker wore out too quickly in a toy and they sent her a new one.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

They have the best customer service! One time I ordered a food container from there and it was broken. I emailed them and they shipped me a new one without having me return the old one. I also ordered the wrong size collar one time and talked to them about exchanging it and they told me the same thing: donate it to a shelter and they sent me a new one for free! Love them.
annap24 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

They are truly the best! I was ordering two bags of Orijen food for my dogs per month, and on my December shipment last year they sent me two free bags of freeze dried Orijen treats, about $25 worth! And they send out holiday cards that are hand addressed with a handwritten note of appreciation inside, I just got mine last week. I sent them an email thanking them for the treats last year and got a reply about an hour and a half later, even though it was after hours there.

They don't just say they appreciate their customers, they actually DO!
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Ok, after reading all of these super positive reviews, I am going to have to try them!
MyHans-someBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I just went and gave two pups that are in need antlers...this feels great. The dogs love the antlers.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 12-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

I like their prices but was not particularly happy with my experiences with them. Some months ago, I made my first order and at the time, they had on their website that you would receive your order in two business days, I was running low on food and going out of town the next week…. So I ordered 5 days ahead of when I was leaving so I could make sure I would have it in time to give to the sitter.

Well, turns out it was going to be a total of 7 days AFTER the item was shipped (on the next business day after I ordered) for it to arrive. And I live in Texas, so, being right in the middle of the US its rare for items to take more than 3-4 days. Well it was going to arrive after I was already gone, which was useless to me because I needed to leave a supply for the sitter.

So after about an hour and a half with customer service, talking to 5 different people, I got refunded and they had the order stopped midway and sent back to them. They couldn't explain why they said 2 day shipping on their site (with no small print saying that it may take longer in some cases) and they said that 4-7 days was normal.

So LUCKILY I found some Orijen locally about 45 minutes away and at $95 instead of $75-$80. It was very inconvenient and I feel like for all the trouble it caused me with their misleading info on their site, they should have just given me my order for free or at a discount or something.

Anyways, I ordered from them a few more times, each time it took 5-6 days to arrive… At least they finally removed the "2 day shipping" and replaced it with "fast shipping" recently.
Just thought I would add that, incase anyone was hoping for fast shipping, I don't think 5-6 days for shipping to texas is great, and I don't like how misleading their site was on the shipping time.

My orders did always arrive in good condition with far away expirations dates, and I did get a friendly handwritten Christmas card from them so at least theres that...
Pretzels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

I love chewy!!! I usually place my order and have it within one to two days, and their prices are usually lower than any stores around me.
Apoolutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I got my order within a day and a half and that was when I ordered on Cyber Monday.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 12-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Wow! Maybe the shipping is slow only when you order a heavy bag of food? I have only ever made orders that contained a bag 28 lb bag of Orijen… but out of 5 orders, non of them came in less than 5 days after they were shipped.
Pretzels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.